Formula 1 Racing: Off Topic - Chevy SS Forum
 53Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 86 (permalink) Old 10-07-2018, 07:57 AM Thread Starter

Garage
Formula 1 Racing: Off Topic

Was a great night last night. Mercedes took 1st & 2nd, Red Bull took 3 & 4th, and then Ferarri 5th & 6th. With four races to go the Championship still isn't a lock for anyone and anything can happen in racing as we all know. With any luck Hamilton can lock up Championship at COTA on the 21st with a Mercedes 1-2 finish like they've done the last two years, but we'll see-that's a lot to ask. Vettle would have to have a really bad race for that to happen. But, Hamilton Bottas run well at COTA so who knows. Still some work to do for Mercedes in the Constructors Championship, which to me, is more important and yet can't be won without the Drivers. Great sport for sure. Like I've said in the baseball Thread, I love this time of year!
willy92 and Drone like this.

2017 PBM, Auto Trans, Sunroof & Spare, All Stock

Last edited by Smirnoff67; 10-07-2018 at 08:43 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 86 (permalink) Old 10-07-2018, 05:05 PM

Outside of Ricciardo doing his normal thing from the back of the grid that was one of the more snooze inducing Suzukas. Unless you are a Merc fanboy the last five seasons have been dull AF. Two years in a row Ferrari put themselves in position to truly challenge the Mercedes dominance and two years in a row they show their true colors when it comes time to manage during crunch time and this year Vettel is on the verge of imploding at the same time. Baku, Germany, Japan etc shows when it comes time to buckle down he just doesn't seem to be able to cope and it doesn't help that Hamilton as much as a douche as i think he is has been performing flawlessly during that period.

No offense to any Italians but when they are in charge of the team they just cant put the entire puzzle together. They desperately need someone who knows good race strategy and knows how to properly manage a group of extremely intelligent people not manage with fear and run around like a chicken with your head cut off which is how the team has been run since Ross left.

If Arrivabene says he takes full responsibility one more time for the team sticking their head up their a$$ and nothing changes that tells me nothing will change for a very long time. I mean the call yesterday FIVE minutes BEFORE Q3 starts they are the ONLY team on inters.

I am going to Cota for practice on Friday I normally go for the entire weekend but I just can't justify the cost for the entire weekend to see something that is already set in stone.

I am really hoping the Honda engine shows to be as good as it was in quali yesterday for Redbull next year but I do not think Max can put together a consistent enough season to really challenge Lewis.
Drone and Smirnoff67 like this.

2016 SS
post #3 of 86 (permalink) Old 10-07-2018, 08:01 PM Thread Starter

Garage
That's great you're going to COTA. Definitely on my bucket list. Hope you have fun and enjoy. I'd be thrilled to even see practice. I'll make it one day.

post #4 of 86 (permalink) Old 10-07-2018, 08:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smirnoff67 View Post
That's great you're going to COTA. Definitely on my bucket list. Hope you have fun and enjoy. I'd be thrilled to even see practice. I'll make it one day.
It is a fantastic track, unfortunately run by an imbecile the local race fans can't stand him. He treats the track like one big concert venue with most concerts selling far more tickets than the majority of races held there. The upside outside of Moto GP and F1 the tickets are dirt cheap. I am going to the SVRA Friday practice next month for $10. The Pirelli challenge race cost my family of four $100 for the entire weekend including hot dogs and drinks. It is only a matter of time before that place goes belly up but until then I am going to take full advantage of it outside of their $2500 weekend track days.

They are currently trying to build a soccer stadium smack in the middle of their largest hangout spot on the track behind the amphitheater which is a great place to relax and watch the race on a big screen. They are also talking about building apartments somewhere on the track for the residents to store their million dollar car collections, never mind the fact the back stretch is slowly sinking and the track is in the middle of nowhere.
Smirnoff67 likes this.

2016 SS
post #5 of 86 (permalink) Old 10-08-2018, 12:03 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by boiler View Post
It is a fantastic track, unfortunately run by an imbecile the local race fans can't stand him. He treats the track like one big concert venue with most concerts selling far more tickets than the majority of races held there. The upside outside of Moto GP and F1 the tickets are dirt cheap. I am going to the SVRA Friday practice next month for $10. The Pirelli challenge race cost my family of four $100 for the entire weekend including hot dogs and drinks. It is only a matter of time before that place goes belly up but until then I am going to take full advantage of it outside of their $2500 weekend track days.

They are currently trying to build a soccer stadium smack in the middle of their largest hangout spot on the track behind the amphitheater which is a great place to relax and watch the race on a big screen. They are also talking about building apartments somewhere on the track for the residents to store their million dollar car collections, never mind the fact the back stretch is slowly sinking and the track is in the middle of nowhere.
Sheesh, I had no idea about any of that. He sounds like an idiot. Makes one wonder how someone that stupid winds up running a place like COTA. Have fun while it lasts brother.

post #6 of 86 (permalink) Old 10-08-2018, 12:34 PM

Garage
Quote:
...as much as a douche as i think he(Hamilton) is has been performing flawlessly during that period.

... I do not think Max can put together a consistent enough season to really challenge Lewis.
If you were that good, you'd probably be one too...
Drone likes this.

Previous vehicles:
2003 Silverado(SOLD 12/2019)
1991 454SS(stolen)
2002 Infiniti Q45
1988 Mazda RX7-Anniversary Edition
1986 Mazda RX7 Sport(race car)
1983 Mazda GLC(race car)
1973 Mazda RX2(race car)
1981 Mazda GSL(bought new)
2007 Cadillac STS-V
1999 Cadille Seville STS
1995 Cadillac Eldorado
1990 Cadillac Eldorado
2002 TransAm Firehawk
1977 TransAm - Black and Gold Bandit Ed.
...that's far enough
post #7 of 86 (permalink) Old 10-08-2018, 01:10 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Outside of Ricciardo doing his normal thing from the back of the grid that was one of the more snooze inducing Suzukas. Unless you are a Merc fanboy the last five seasons have been dull AF. Two years in a row Ferrari put themselves in position to truly challenge the Mercedes dominance and two years in a row they show their true colors when it comes time to manage during crunch time and this year Vettel is on the verge of imploding at the same time. Baku, Germany, Japan etc shows when it comes time to buckle down he just doesn't seem to be able to cope and it doesn't help that Hamilton as much as a douche as i think he is has been performing flawlessly during that period.

No offense to any Italians but when they are in charge of the team they just cant put the entire puzzle together. They desperately need someone who knows good race strategy and knows how to properly manage a group of extremely intelligent people not manage with fear and run around like a chicken with your head cut off which is how the team has been run since Ross left.

If Arrivabene says he takes full responsibility one more time for the team sticking their head up their a$$ and nothing changes that tells me nothing will change for a very long time. I mean the call yesterday FIVE minutes BEFORE Q3 starts they are the ONLY team on inters.

I am going to Cota for practice on Friday I normally go for the entire weekend but I just can't justify the cost for the entire weekend to see something that is already set in stone.

I am really hoping the Honda engine shows to be as good as it was in quali yesterday for Redbull next year but I do not think Max can put together a consistent enough season to really challenge Lewis.

I don't think Hamilton is a douche. He seems polite and humble enough. If anyone is a primadona crybaby its Vettle-in my mind anyway. Regardless of what I think about the Drivers, one thing for sure is that I respect their abilities. I would love to be able to drive like those guys do. What they do is nothing short of amazing to me. As far as Verstappen goes, I think he needs to mature a little bit more. I'd also like to see Fernando Alonso get on a Team with a reliable car. Him not being in a position to compete for the Drivers Championship every year reminds me a little bit of Barry Sanders being stuck on the Detroit Lions. One of the best running backs in history and practically no chance of every getting a Superbowl ring. Just wasn't fair.
wolds likes this.

post #8 of 86 (permalink) Old 10-08-2018, 01:17 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smirnoff67 View Post
I don't think Hamilton is a douche. He seems polite and humble enough. If anyone is a primadona crybaby its Vettle-in my mind anyway. Regardless of what I think about the Drivers, one thing for sure is that I respect their abilities. I would love to be able to drive like those guys do. What they do is nothing short of amazing to me. As far as Verstappen goes, I think he needs to mature a little bit more. I'd also like to see Fernando Alonso get on a Team with a reliable car. Him not being in a position to compete for the Drivers Championship every year reminds me a little bit of Barry Sanders being stuck on the Detroit Lions. One of the best running backs in history and practically no chance of every getting a Superbowl ring. Just wasn't fair.
Alonso will win Indy 500 and series championship in 2019
willy92 and Smirnoff67 like this.

2015 Alchemy Purple, no sunroof, spare, proper six-stick.
#2837 built
#3 of 3 built as optioned

"PERFECT IN EVERY WAY"
40,415 miles Lifetime 20.7mpg

2017 NightFall Gray Automatic, spare, no sunroof.
Built 3/20/2017; #3451 of 4008; #27 of 30.
Myron_Classic_Edition 8252 miles -SOLD-

Vanishing Point: The point at which receding parallel lines viewed in perspective appear to converge
post #9 of 86 (permalink) Old 10-08-2018, 02:14 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drone View Post
Alonso will win Indy 500 and series championship in 2019
That would be sweet!

post #10 of 86 (permalink) Old 10-08-2018, 02:18 PM

Garage
He dang near won the last one until that "HOuNDAog" blew up on him.
Drone and wolds like this.

Previous vehicles:
2003 Silverado(SOLD 12/2019)
1991 454SS(stolen)
2002 Infiniti Q45
1988 Mazda RX7-Anniversary Edition
1986 Mazda RX7 Sport(race car)
1983 Mazda GLC(race car)
1973 Mazda RX2(race car)
1981 Mazda GSL(bought new)
2007 Cadillac STS-V
1999 Cadille Seville STS
1995 Cadillac Eldorado
1990 Cadillac Eldorado
2002 TransAm Firehawk
1977 TransAm - Black and Gold Bandit Ed.
...that's far enough

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy SS Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page