Great video to watch ! - Page 7 - Chevy SS Forum
 412Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #61 of 167 (permalink) Old 04-07-2018, 10:26 AM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowwolfe View Post
Maybe you should ban knives. I just read the knifing murder rate in London is now on par with the gun rate in New York City.

But then we could talk about the murder rates in Chicago which are off the charts, and almost all are firearms related. But, that shouldn't happen because Chicago has some of the toughest gun laws in the country.

It's not the gun, nor the knife, nor the truck or car. It is about the nut job in control of the tool in their hand that is evil.
Try telling that to Fromg8toss. Oops, I forgot. He doesn't like to talk about facts. Just what's best for all the rest of us because he knows better than we do. Just ask him, he'll tell you.

2017 PBM, Auto Trans, Sunroof & Spare, All Stock
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #62 of 167 (permalink) Old 04-07-2018, 10:53 AM

Garage
NEW FLASH......BREAK......Ivy League Universities conduct multi-year study and discover that gun laws have no affect on criminals....Leaves Left Wing Liberals in Washington bewildered and scratching their heads...... I wonder if its because they're CRIMINALS and don't care about gun laws...go figure

post #63 of 167 (permalink) Old 04-07-2018, 10:57 AM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by stealthmode View Post
So I have been around shotguns my whole life, and more recently, handguns. My family has hunted for generations. I inherited some pistols from my Dad when he passed and I needed to get them permitted by the local police. Then I bought a real handgun as opposed to three WW II relics. I have never joined the NRA because I am not the joining kind. But now that I read that there are only 5MM members the NRA", then its time to join and show that I support my right to own my guns. I am a law abiding citizen. But I realize when someone comes into my house to attack me and my wife and three daughters, its going to be up to me to protect them as best I can. Because by the time police get to you, you will already be dead, or worse. I just hope I aim really well and there is no trial. But seriously, I also bought a gun from SALT which shoots pepper spray and tear gas marbles with the impact of a 50MPH fast ball. It hurts like ****, it then blinds you, and then you can't breath. It is CO 2 powered like a paint ball gun and has seven shots. If that still doesn't work, then its Kimber time.

I think the crux of the matter is that there a re a lot of people who live in a state of Utopia, where people "should" act in a certain way. The problem is that almost no one acts that way. Men have always bullied lesser men. Gun free zones are just killing zones for the cowardly. You rarely hear of anyone going into a place that states "guns allowed here" on a killing spree. There is a town in Georgia, Kennesaw, where you must have a gun in every household. There is virtually no crime in that town. The criminals go to the next town.
Be careful that stuff doesn't go to work on you if, heaven forbid, you should ever need it.

post #64 of 167 (permalink) Old 04-07-2018, 11:05 AM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smirnoff67 View Post
Try telling that to Fromg8toss. Oops, I forgot. He doesn't like to talk about facts. Just what's best for all the rest of us because he knows better than we do. Just ask him, he'll tell you.
What I'd like to know is, has @fromg8toss ever taken an oath? Has he ever signed his name on the line, put on a uniform and sworn to give his life for others who didn't give a rat's _ss about him?

Given his comments - I'm pretty sure NOT!!

Maybe his should be the first door knocked on to check to see if he has any guns. (There's no sense him having one anyway since he'd probably only hurt himself.)
Smirnoff67 and ESindon like this.
post #65 of 167 (permalink) Old 04-07-2018, 12:53 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1Evil55 View Post
Drunk driving kills more people than guns. Why when there is a drunk driving accident no one blames the car?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Because the Liberals drive drunk and all have cars too. Maybe the Government will confiscate our cellphones too because people playing on their phones cause WAY more accidents than drunk driving does...hmmm

The Left are afraid of guns and don't have them. Therefore we shouldn't be allowed to have them. But being that they use cars and cellphones, they don't breathe a word about taking those Privileges away. Of course, maybe they'll legislate something into being and make it like the East Germany during the Cold War. One car for everyone. And when a child was born, the East Germans would put a request in for a car and HOPE to have it by the time the newborn baby was old enough to drive. Then they can pass laws restricting the purchase of cellphones by the general public. But then of course they wouldn't have the perfect tool to monitor what we're doing....decisions decisions
ESindon likes this.

Last edited by Smirnoff67; 04-07-2018 at 02:25 PM. Reason: Spelling
post #66 of 167 (permalink) Old 04-07-2018, 12:53 PM

Uhhm, guys . . . as personal and pointed as these posts are becoming, I can only imagine Pinetree's 'Thread Closed' trigger finger is twitching something fierce. Hows about we maybe dial it back a notch or two . . . and once again remember, we all share a love of these great cars.

2016 HW M6, no roof, no spare!
post #67 of 167 (permalink) Old 04-07-2018, 01:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by good2go View Post
Uhhm, guys . . . as personal and pointed as these posts are becoming, I can only imagine Pinetree's 'Thread Closed' trigger finger is twitching something fierce. Hows about we maybe dial it back a notch or two . . . and once again remember, we all share a love of these great cars.
Yes, we can all agree on our love for our SS's, no argument there. This thread is posting in the SS Lounge, where the off topic comments are supposedly welcome for discussion. I find it amusing that you refer to Pinetree's authority as Moderator, as a twitching TRIGGER finger!!! He has not posted anything (Yet!) indicating his displeasure with this discussion, as far as I know!!! Perhaps that would be different if Jason Lester was still active on the forum, and posting his rants, but since his banishment, things have been relatively copacetic on the forum!! NOW,,, what I really wonder is,,,,, what would CB750 say about all this!!! With his recent disappearance, we may never know!!!!
stvmoe75, good2go and Smirnoff67 like this.
post #68 of 167 (permalink) Old 04-07-2018, 01:45 PM

Garage
@good2go - it's very hard for some of us to listen/read certain opinions concerning certain issues. We can all have views on what we'd like to do with our treasured cars, be they modified, not modified, quality problems that should be covered under warranty and those not. We can spout off how we feel about dearships and service departments and all those opinions can be taken by us individually. Our cars are luxury items which I assume we've each worked hard for and I wouldn't try to limit who can own one and who can't.

But when someone wants to come on here claiming that my rights to defense granted to me by the 2nd Amendment need to be modified with some form of limitation to fit their level of comfort, that brings my blood to a flash-boil in a heartbeat. Those of my generation have seen enough carnage from Vietnam to now and I don't need some coddled liberal turning us into Barney Fife's allowed one bullet in our shirt pockets.

You wanna talk cars - fine. You wanna talk rights - you better have paid your dues and have your s*** together.
Smirnoff67 and ESindon like this.
post #69 of 167 (permalink) Old 04-07-2018, 02:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stvmoe75 View Post
@good2go - it's very hard for some of us to listen/read certain opinions concerning certain issues. We can all have views on what we'd like to do with our treasured cars, be they modified, not modified, quality problems that should be covered under warranty and those not. We can spout off how we feel about dearships and service departments and all those opinions can be taken by us individually. Our cars are luxury items which I assume we've each worked hard for and I wouldn't try to limit who can own one and who can't.

But when someone wants to come on here claiming that my rights to defense granted to me by the 2nd Amendment need to be modified with some form of limitation to fit their level of comfort, that brings my blood to a flash-boil in a heartbeat. Those of my generation have seen enough carnage from Vietnam to now and I don't need some coddled liberal turning us into Barney Fife's allowed one bullet in our shirt pockets.

You wanna talk cars - fine. You wanna talk rights - you better have paid your dues and have your s*** together.
I could not agree with you any more stvmoe.

That being said, I'd still like to think that we're all adult enough here to have vigorous disagreement in our respective beliefs without resorting to taking it down to a personal level. That's all.

Bottom line, if we can't do that, we are more likely to see the thread closed.
Smirnoff67 likes this.

2016 HW M6, no roof, no spare!
post #70 of 167 (permalink) Old 04-07-2018, 02:06 PM

Last I checked there was no litmus test to talk about our rights. Being drafted to serve and Volunteering to serve aren't the same maybe that should be the litmus test. Guess who is left out now?

There are limitations on all of our rights. Speech religion voting association guns....take your pick. If you want to talk cars-fine. If you want to talk rights educate yourself.
Kburkha2 and Dhawk04 like this.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy SS Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page