Hypothetical Fuel Cost Question - Page 3 - Chevy SS Forum
 12Likes
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #21 of 28 (permalink) Old 06-02-2016, 11:07 AM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: AA, MI
Posts: 956
Quote:
Originally Posted by 69Mach390 View Post

I'd feel better (safer) just buying Chevron stock though if you're betting on gas prices going up!
Until they get sued for billions, for hiding climate change evidence decades ago
Just buy oil futures.
dsgerbc is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #22 of 28 (permalink) Old 06-02-2016, 01:19 PM
Senior Member
 
69Mach390's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Location: Bradenton, FL
Posts: 1,714
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsgerbc View Post
Until they get sued for billions, for hiding climate change evidence decades ago
Just buy oil futures.
Sued by who, and for what exactly?

What legal requirement does an oil company have to research and disclose research on climate change?

None as far as I can tell.

This isn't quite like the tobacco companies lying about cigarettes and cancer.

Not really hard to make the (financial) link between cigarettes and someone dying. Many have tried even with a closer link (like suing McDonalds or Ice Cream companies) and failed.

But if you want to sue Chevron because the ocean is 1 degree warmer and 1 inch higher in 100 years, good luck making that financial (and responsible) link!

That.... and not many people can afford the minimum futures contract of 1000 BARRELS of oil!


Just stick with stock from quality oil companies (like Chevron) and you'll be better off in case of a rapid rise in oil prices.

2015 SS. Heron white, auto, roof, spare
1969 Ford Mustang Mach 1, s-code 390
69Mach390 is offline  
post #23 of 28 (permalink) Old 06-03-2016, 09:36 AM
Senior Member
 
Deephaven's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Posts: 131
I don't care, won't drive something unfun daily period. Cost of ownership of a 2nd car completely trumps any savings and then puts me in a car I don't want to drive. I currently get 10 if I am lucky.

This might help.
Gas Price $2.50
MPG 30 20 10
Miles 7500 $625.00 $937.50 $1,875.00
Miles 10000 $833.33 $1,250.00 $2,500.00
Miles 15000 $1,250.00 $1,875.00 $3,750.00
Miles 20000 $1,666.67 $2,500.00 $5,000.00

Gas Price $3.50
MPG 30 20 10
Miles 7500 $875.00 $1,312.50 $2,625.00
Miles 10000 $1,166.67 $1,750.00 $3,500.00
Miles 15000 $1,750.00 $2,625.00 $5,250.00
Miles 20000 $2,333.33 $3,500.00 $7,000.00

Gas Price $5.00
MPG 30 20 10
Miles 7500 $1,250.00 $1,875.00 $3,750.00
Miles 10000 $1,666.67 $2,500.00 $5,000.00
Miles 15000 $2,500.00 $3,750.00 $7,500.00
Miles 20000 $3,333.33 $5,000.00 $10,000.00
willy92 likes this.

*shopping for an SS as I need a new project
2010 Escalade, Whipple, LT, Nick's TB, Norcal SS 2/4 kit, spohn panhard, Wilwood BBK, 10" touchscreen carPC running HP Tuners & Driveline, miniDSP, Seas G18, Scan D2904, 24" TBSS factory Reps, 305 Nitto 420s
Deephaven is offline  
 
post #24 of 28 (permalink) Old 06-03-2016, 04:53 PM Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
Clutchfoot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Location: Monterey, CA
Posts: 2,554
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deephaven View Post
I don't care, won't drive something unfun daily period. Cost of ownership of a 2nd car completely trumps any savings and then puts me in a car I don't want to drive. I currently get 10 if I am lucky.

This might help.
Gas Price $2.50
MPG 30 20 10
Miles 7500 $625.00 $937.50 $1,875.00
Miles 10000 $833.33 $1,250.00 $2,500.00
Miles 15000 $1,250.00 $1,875.00 $3,750.00
Miles 20000 $1,666.67 $2,500.00 $5,000.00

Gas Price $3.50
MPG 30 20 10
Miles 7500 $875.00 $1,312.50 $2,625.00
Miles 10000 $1,166.67 $1,750.00 $3,500.00
Miles 15000 $1,750.00 $2,625.00 $5,250.00
Miles 20000 $2,333.33 $3,500.00 $7,000.00

Gas Price $5.00
MPG 30 20 10
Miles 7500 $1,250.00 $1,875.00 $3,750.00
Miles 10000 $1,666.67 $2,500.00 $5,000.00
Miles 15000 $2,500.00 $3,750.00 $7,500.00
Miles 20000 $3,333.33 $5,000.00 $10,000.00
Thanks for the perspective.
Clutchfoot is offline  
post #25 of 28 (permalink) Old 06-03-2016, 05:14 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Napa, CA
Posts: 1,047
Quote:
Originally Posted by 69Mach390 View Post
Sued by who, and for what exactly?

What legal requirement does an oil company have to research and disclose research on climate change?

None as far as I can tell.
The emoticon sort of suggests he was making humorous commentary on the nannystate we currently live in.

'16 SIM #1,043 #2 of 7 w/o sunroof, w/spare and 6M

-Jon
jbawden is offline  
post #26 of 28 (permalink) Old 06-09-2016, 09:51 AM
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Posts: 5
@Drift Motion


-2015 Eggplant Malibu w/V8 RWD Conversion<<< HAHAHA love it
Reedwj91 is offline  
post #27 of 28 (permalink) Old 06-09-2016, 12:37 PM
Super Moderator
 
Pinetree's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: Abilene, Texas
Posts: 13,006
Garage
Welcome to the forum Reedwj91!


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Martin
2014 SS, Heron White, A6, no mods, #3334 of MY2014
and 41 of 41 as built of the 534 HW. Born on Feb 6, 2014.
2016 Silverado 1500 LTZ CC Summit White.
Chevy SS Production & Sales Info for All Years can be found here:

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.


Direct link to spreadsheet here:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Pinetree is offline  
post #28 of 28 (permalink) Old 06-09-2016, 02:53 PM
Super Moderator
 
KenzSS's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Huntington Beach, CA
Posts: 7,494
Yes Reed, welcome!


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Currently:
2017 SS OBM, A6, w/Spare & Roof
2010 Colorado Z71 4X4 5.3 V8
KenzSS is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy SS Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome