My First and I Guess Last Post Thanks To Jim Keras Chevy - Page 4 - Chevy SS Forum
 34Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #31 of 35 (permalink) Old 06-16-2019, 06:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lowflight View Post
I paid $32,000 for mine with 24,217 miles on mine. I would offer $29,000 at the most for this one.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 35 (permalink) Old 06-16-2019, 09:18 PM

them rotors are mighty rusty ....
ESindon likes this.

2017 SIM ROOFLESS SPARE AUTO UNSULLIED
2,701st of 4,008 built 2-5-2017
12th of 17 built as configured
1 of the 17 totaled.

2014 SIM ROOFLESS - Traded
2,703rd customer car built
1 of 73 ROOFLESS SIM customer built cars
1 of 78 total ROOFLESS SIM in US when including the 5 roofless SIM GM internal cars sold as used.
1 of the 78 is confirmed dead and unrecoverable.

I don't do lazy or stupid.
Proudly politically incorrect.
post #33 of 35 (permalink) Old 06-18-2019, 05:24 PM Thread Starter

Time to keep looking again. The incompetence of the VW dealer in Kingsport TN was breathtaking. They couldn't even figure out how to text me pictures.

post #34 of 35 (permalink) Old 06-20-2019, 08:35 PM

When the unicorn lands, hop on his back, or he flies off without you.
V8Rumble likes this.
post #35 of 35 (permalink) Old 06-23-2019, 08:15 PM

Keep your eyes open, & bide your time...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brass View Post
Don't Quit Looking!!!

When I found mine the sales girl told me "it's not gonna be here long sweetie" (6) people couldn't get it financed this week. While I was there making my decision after the nice extended test drive (2) others wanted to drive the car, but I wouldn't give up the keys. Needless to say those (2) left in what they drove in.
YEP!! I didn't wait when mine appeared either (see below).

Quote:
Originally Posted by CB750 View Post
So what's the reason(s) for the LOW $$$ ???

You ain't gonna get a good one for the $$$ you want to pay.

This is a mistake many make; cheap purchase price = money spent fixing the issues; unless it is just cosmetic and you can live with a bashed up ride.
EXACTLY correct - I mean, how many people do you know that don't care about getting paid everything they can get for something?? You could luck into someone who's selling an SS & thinks that it's just a optioned-up Malibu or something, but it's pretty unlikely. (And taking advantage of someone like that is probably unethical anyway...)

=====================================

I feel your pain - several weeks ago, I was lusting over a low-mile gunmetal silver/blue CTS-V coupe that was about a day's drive from here. Called the seller a couple of times, asked some questions about it, then called a garage that was local to the seller & made an appointment to have them do a pre-purchase inspection. If the car checked out, I planned to fly out there & drive it home.

SUDDENLY the seller stopped answering his phone - and when I did reach him a day or two later, he told me that he'd sold it on the day that I'd scheduled the inspection. Burned my hide a little bit, but like my wife told me - "You probably dodged a bullet with that car..." I figure she's right.

Two or three days after that happened, my SS appeared - just FIVE MILES from my house! (And just to "stir the pot" a bit, another CTS-V coupe showed up about 70 miles south of here.) I went & looked at the SS one day before work, & planned to check out the V on my weekend. After thinking about it for about a day, I put a deposit down on the SS, & never even looked at the other CTS-V. (And apparently it was a good thing I did, because one guy told me that another guy had been driving it within the last day or two.)

I don't want to say that it's a "game" - but it kind of IS a game. When I got serious about finally getting a performance-oriented car, I knew exactly what the values of the different cars were, exactly what my credit score was, how much I could put down, pay per month, etc, etc, etc. - so when my SS showed up, I was able to jump on it like a Rottweiler on a ribeye.

Like a few others have said - keep your eyes open, & be ready to hit it when the right car/right deal shows up. The way that my SS appeared almost "in my lap" after I'd been looking for cars within a 500-mile radius made my wife tell that it was "meant to be". (I'm not sure about that, but ****, it sounds good!) You're in a MUCH better location than I am, I have only two large metro areas within several hours of my home. You'll find a good deal as well if you're persistent & keep your eyes open. Good luck, & post some pics when you get your SS!!

--

'16 Phantom Black SS (The awesome DD) - ~ 11k miles at the moment, auto, sunroof, full-size spare. Just a couple of mild cosmetic mods so far.
'89 Trans Am GTA (The NEVER-ending swap project!) - Forged bottom-end 6.2L, built T56, Ford 9", Baer brakes, etc... Eventually hope to run road-course, open-road & standing mile events with it - if I can ever get it completed...
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy SS Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page