Reactions - Chevy SS Forum
 58Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 15 (permalink) Old 06-06-2019, 12:23 PM Thread Starter

Cool Reactions

OK, I've only had the car for a few days so far, but I've already gotten a couple of noteworthy reactions, & I'm sure that many of you have as well...

The first one kind of blew my mind - I pulled in to a parking lot next to a veterinary clinic & blipped the throttle a little bit, just because I'm still loving that exhaust note. I didn't think anything of it until a (not-unattractive) 20-something girl in scrubs walked a dog a few feet past the car, paused for a second, & then threw one of those "come-hither" looks over her left shoulder! Now, I'm no longer even close to my twenties, & it's a pretty safe bet that People magazine doesn't have me in the running for "Sexiest Man of the Year" - so I'm thinking that I'm not the only one who likes to hear a good V8 exhaust note. (And no, I didn't follow-up on her look, I've been married too long, & didn't care to make a fool of myself.)

The second one was yesterday - I was driving to work, saw a nice-looking late-model Camaro SS merge onto the road slightly ahead of me. I had enough speed to overtake him, but I still gave it a little bit of throttle just to let him know that it wasn't an "Impalibu" going by. (FWIW, I have no interest in street racing, so I wasn't trying to provoke that.) When I got caught at a light a few hundred yards up the road, he merged over into the right-turn lane & stopped in my blind spot for a few seconds. I could see him looking over (trying not to be obvious), & the phrase

"What the he!! is THAT??"

was all but written on his face... Gave me a chuckle as I was going in to work...

Anyone else have any amusing stories to tell??
Mike V, Taze, wiseman08 and 3 others like this.

--

'16 Phantom Black SS (The awesome DD) - ~ 11k miles at the moment, auto, sunroof, full-size spare. Just a couple of mild cosmetic mods so far.
'89 Trans Am GTA (The NEVER-ending swap project!) - Forged bottom-end 6.2L, built T56, Ford 9", Baer brakes, etc... Eventually hope to run road-course, open-road & standing mile events with it - if I can ever get it completed...
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 15 (permalink) Old 06-06-2019, 12:30 PM Thread Starter

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by V8Rumble View Post
...just to let him know that it wasn't an "Impalibu" going by.
Heh - Now I'm considering "Impalibu" as a custom license plate...
TangoHotel likes this.

--

'16 Phantom Black SS (The awesome DD) - ~ 11k miles at the moment, auto, sunroof, full-size spare. Just a couple of mild cosmetic mods so far.
'89 Trans Am GTA (The NEVER-ending swap project!) - Forged bottom-end 6.2L, built T56, Ford 9", Baer brakes, etc... Eventually hope to run road-course, open-road & standing mile events with it - if I can ever get it completed...
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 15 (permalink) Old 06-06-2019, 01:37 PM
Super Moderator

Garage
Welcome to the forum @V8Rumble. As for any other amusing stories, how much time do you have?

https://www.ssforums.com/forum/chevy...ds-sticky.html

post #4 of 15 (permalink) Old 06-06-2019, 03:05 PM

Today I got gas and there was an older man filling up in front of me, probably in his 60s, filling up his blue G8 GT and he was wearing a Livernois shirt.

He looked at me and my car and said nothing. That's my story!
KWBaraka, Taze, boomer99 and 3 others like this.

Black 2014, 100% stock. Except for the tune the neighbor's kid did.
post #5 of 15 (permalink) Old 06-06-2019, 03:08 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by 15SuperSport View Post
Welcome to the forum @V8Rumble. As for any other amusing stories, how much time do you have?

https://www.ssforums.com/forum/chevy...ds-sticky.html
That thread should keep you busy for a while
15SuperSport, Taze and ESindon like this.

2015 SS 6-speed Manual Phantom Black Metallic,SR,SPARE #42 of 114 / #1387 overall
Rubber Band Delete, Rotofab CAI, Elite Catch Can & Air/Oil Separator, SW Headers, 3" to Magnaflows, High Temp 0 ohm Plug Wires, Ported Heads, Cam, Agile Tune
post #6 of 15 (permalink) Old 06-06-2019, 03:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by V8Rumble View Post

Anyone else have any amusing stories to tell??
Nope. I have no idea what you are talking about.
Taze, 68Bird2, wilkin4 and 4 others like this.

2017 SS - RPG A6, roof, spare: Ceramic Pro, Livernois Stage 2 build w/ Stage 2C-HL cam, LS3 heads to Stage 2, RotoFab, Kooks 1-7/8 LT, green catted, Borla 2.5" XR1, ZL1 TC, BMR
2017 SS - OBM M6, no roof, spare: Ceramic Pro, RotoFab, Kooks 1-7/8 LT, green catted, Borla 2.5" XR1 mufflers, BMR tunnelbrace
2018 Tahoe RST - Tungsten LT1 w/Borla (350RWHP) and Brembo's
1987 Buick WE4 purchased '87; sold '97; repurchased 11/2017. Frame off underway, finish 6/2019(revised)
post #7 of 15 (permalink) Old 06-06-2019, 11:24 PM

Garage
As you know, got mine on Saturday. Tint place didn't understand what it was. Impala was their go to, so I went with it

2014 SS, Sunroof, no spare SIM
2006 TBSS Black
2001 Z28 Convertible Black
1998 Corvette Convertible Red
1980 Corvette 2 tone Blue
post #8 of 15 (permalink) Old 06-07-2019, 07:00 AM

I was at my uncles 80th birthday party and my cousins husband is a mustang guy.. I ask him if he's still got his mustang and he's like yea.. that's right! you're a chevy guy... what do you have a camaro like everyone else. I was like no, an SS, you know what those are right? We take a walk outside and he walks right by it looking for? not sure what he was walking towards.
Pinetree, Taze, TangoHotel and 4 others like this.
post #9 of 15 (permalink) Old 06-13-2019, 11:05 PM

The two minute walk arounds in the parking lots are a gas to watch, especially with the Holden badges......
V8Rumble likes this.
post #10 of 15 (permalink) Old 06-17-2019, 04:07 PM

Garage
best for me was back in 2015 when I got the car (holden badged by the dealer) and one of my colleagues at work ran up to me knowing I was a car guy was like "you gotta see this car in the parking lot, I've never seen anything like it!" I lol'd.

2015 Chevy SS Perfect Blue 6M, sunroof, spare 1 of 44 Holden Lion badge conversion, Borla S-type axle back.
SOLD 05 GTO - Frt&Rr 13.7CTS-V Brembo-ARH 1 7/8 Hdrs with hf cats-Vararam Intake-BTR dual springs Plat-Ti Rtnrs-BilletPro Shifter-SpeedInc SI4 Cam-LS2 intake ported-CXRCoilovers-Revshift Motor mounts-Turner adj end links-SLP Rear Swaybar-Pedders Bushes-Pedders Frnt Sway-Energy Bush-HBD Steering Wheel-19's ROH Drift R's-SLP UD pulley-Corsa Sport-JHP Red Gauge-06 tails 415/438 rwhp/torque

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy SS Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page