Chevy SS Forum banner

Douchebag with crashes drone at car show

7K views 36 replies 21 participants last post by  Smirnoff67 
#1 · (Edited)
Douchebag crashes drone at car show

The local Cars & Coffee was going on this past Saturday and I ended parking next to the vape/section (Toyota/Subaru). I lucked out as some choad accidentally bounced his drone off the front of a car two down from me. If that would have happened to my car I would have planted my foot on top of the drone before I planted it in his ass. I guess I'll need to start parking in the more "mature" area.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

See less See more
#2 ·
The local Cars & Coffee was going on this past Saturday and I ended parking next to the vape/section (Toyota/Subaru). I lucked out as some choad accidentally bounced his drone off the front of a car two down from me. If that would have happened to my car I would have planted my foot on top of the drone before I planted it in his ass. I guess I'll need to start parking in the more "mature" area.

Park with the Vette guys ... :wink

#3 ·
I have my FAA Part 107 Small Unmanned Aircraft System certificate and I'm prohibited from flying a drone over any location where people are located and the people are not directly part of my flight crew. Currently, you have to obtain a FAA 107.39 "Operation over human beings" waiver to be authorized to fly any drone over humans other than your own flight crew. The last time I checked, there were only 31 107.39 waivers issued in the entire country. I see so many untrained (and unlicensed) drone operators/owners thinking the rules don't apply to them. The FAA is considering some rule changes about flying over people, but that won't be in place any time soon (not likely before the end of 2020).

Licensed drone pilots (Part 107) will also carry liability insurance for those rare cases when a malfunction or mishap occurs.

#9 ·
Huh. I hadn't given too much thought about that kind of stuff, I think that most people buy a drone as just another piece of consumer electronics, & then they treat 'em that way.
Maybe it wouldn't be a bad idea to have labels on the packages that state something like "Operation of this equipment is governed by <relevant regulations> yadda yadda..."

But, knowing humanity, those labels would likely be ignored like Commiefornia's Prop. 89 warnings... :rolleyes:

I will say that I was never a huge fan of the Holden graphics but the black on red for yours looks awesome.
Yeah, that looks REALLY sharp!

Reactions: bourmb
#8 ·
I will say that I was never a huge fan of the Holden graphics but the black on red for yours looks awesome.

I have my FAA Part 107 Small Unmanned Aircraft System certificate and I'm prohibited from flying a drone over any location where people are located and the people are not directly part of my flight crew. Currently, you have to obtain a FAA 107.39 "Operation over human beings" waiver to be authorized to fly any drone over humans other than your own flight crew. The last time I checked, there were only 31 107.39 waivers issued in the entire country. I see so many untrained (and unlicensed) drone operators/owners thinking the rules don't apply to them. The FAA is considering some rule changes about flying over people, but that won't be in place any time soon (not likely before the end of 2020).

Licensed drone pilots (Part 107) will also carry liability insurance for those rare cases when a malfunction or mishap occurs.
This is EXACTLY why I don't have a drone. I'm an amateur photographer and would love to get some cool shots but because of where I live, there would be calls to two different ATC towers notifying them before takeoff (one being a military base and I don't even want to go down that road) for a 20 min flight. There have been times where I have been tempted after a major storm to do a quick flight to check my roof of my house but I wouldn't. I would be deathly afraid to fly over a crowd for exactly what OP described. A few screwing it up for everyone else.

#10 ·
Did it damage any vehicles?

#12 ·

Ah yes you being so mature you want to assault someone over an accident.

#15 ·
I would affirm the notion put forth to park with the Corvette crowd at the C&C events. I suspect there are many here on the Forum, as am I. I like to look around rather then hang out myself. My cars are driven. I keep them reasonably clean, but I go to see more so then to be seen. These events are for cars, not for drones.

#19 ·
All the car shows I have been to recently have drones flying around for pictures, but no crashes yet.....

#21 ·
If someone damages a vehicle, and you think a confrontation with the responsible party regarding the damage is an assault, get your head checked.

I'd be pissed, I've had it happen. It is even worse when the party is an arrogant prick who feels they did nothing in the wrong yet a vehicle remains damaged. Good grief.

#22 ·
Man oh man, there's a lot of deep seated anger in this group. Whatever happened to peace, love and understanding? There are special "programs" you can go to help you vent your anger in meaningful and constructive ways without resorting to repulsive violence. Remember the old adage, "Turn the other cheek"? Worst case situations may require medication or yes, even surgery.

Rick H.

#23 ·
Man oh man, there's a lot of deep seated anger in this group. Whatever happened to peace, love and understanding? There are special "programs" you can go to help you vent your anger in meaningful and constructive ways without resorting to repulsive violence. Remember the old adage, "Turn the other cheek"? Worst case situations may require medication or yes, even surgery.

Rick H.

Why would you be “ok” with this? People who fly drones at public events over/around people and property are breaking the law and risking injury to people and property damage for what, to take some video for a lame YouTube post?

Here’s my P-L-U to someone who flies a drone into me or my car...“I “understand” your a dumb$@! but I’m gonna “love” taking a “peace“ outta’ your a$$”. ;-)

#26 ·
I was at a Rides and Shine event last year in Sanford FL and a vendor's drone hit a tree limb and crashed down on top of a brand new Ford pickup. Per their Facebook page, there was a new hood purchased, painted and installed for free. I personally don't like drones at car shows, or in my neighborhood but I'm not trying to shoot them out of the sky or kick the operators ass...

#33 ·
There is no way that is gonna happen. Right? Too dangerous.

I did see a news story on a pharmacy using a robot on wheels delivering drugs and stuff. I don't think that will last because they will get broken into by crack heads looking for Vicoden.

IMO a drone hitting/damaging a car is just about exactly like a parking lot dent. Both done by irresponsible boobs.

Just yesterday a friend told me about his truck that he parked WAY out in the lot to avoid dings. (same as I do) He walked up to find a lone cart firmly rammed into his door. WTF? You can't have anything nice.

To me it takes away so much of the pleasure of driving a nice car trying to avoid this nonsense.

#36 · (Edited)
One positive of all this drone/automated home delivery stuff by Amazon, etc actually takes off (I don’t think it will, it is a passing fad,) there will be lots of job opportunities for humans to go around picking up drone pieces, writing checks for damages, and maintaining all the “more efficient” machines that break down while making deliveries.

Using drones to replace overland trucking, basically provide the “spoke” portion of the hub and spoke system from large centralized warehouse to smaller locations for follow-on final delivery buy “real people” (not actors) makes more sense to me. Predictable and consistent routes over mostly low populated routes (ideally); reduces road congestion, wear and tear, emissions and increases road safety.

That seems like a reasonable application of the technology without creating additional risk to the public.

Reactions: SS_Scott
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.