Selling to CarMax? - Chevy SS Forum
 29Likes
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 33 (permalink) Unread 08-08-2019, 08:34 AM Thread Starter

Selling to CarMax?

Welp. After much “riding the brake and clutch” one of my best friends has decided to not purchase my SS. While I am not in a terrible hurry to sell I am wondering if anyone has had a quote from CarMax? I have a 15 PBM M6 with 62,500 on it. Car has matching conti dws06’s with 13 or so k and aside from needing a quality detail is in great shape. Looking at their site manuals go QUICK and theyre listing similar auto’s in the mid 30’s.

Thoughts?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 33 (permalink) Unread 08-08-2019, 09:21 AM

They will offer about 2k less than what itís worth.
SilverSport likes this.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2014 Chevy SS, Mystic Green, roof, spare. #21 of 3527, 1 of 144 in MG, #2 of 60 as optioned (sold).

2016 Chevy SS, Mystic Green, roof, spare. #555 of 2221, 1 of 76 in Mystic Green, #9 of 18 as optioned, One of 12,924 total built

2009 Pontiac G8 GXP, MSM, 6M. #715 of 1829

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2009 Pontiac G8 GXP, MSM, 6A. #807 of 1829

post #3 of 33 (permalink) Unread 08-08-2019, 09:26 AM

Seems like many sell to CarMax for great prices. Worth looking into if you plan to sell anyway.

I just had a neighbor drive my other car for a bit after blowing up my phone about it, and drove it for 2 days, decided not to buy. Hes an older guy in his 70s, you would think he would have his dookie together by now in life. $3500 car though, far from an SS

post #4 of 33 (permalink) Unread 08-08-2019, 10:06 AM

Several threads on CarMax in general. I have sold to them twice with reasonable results (I favor ease, speed and convenience over top dollar) but just sold a car to CarVana after they offered just over 2k more than CarMax did on that car. Even easier than CarMax as they come to you, and as long as the car is in the condition you state when you get a quote you wonít have a problem.

As Paycheck says, you will get a fair bit more private party but it can take a long time and a lot of work, and often wasted time with buyers who arenít serious.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
z51vett, SilverSport and wilkin4 like this.

"Don't get stuck on stupid."

Career politicians suck; that doesnít mean the rest of us have to as well.
post #5 of 33 (permalink) Unread 08-08-2019, 11:20 AM
Banned

All I hear is that Carvan and CarMax seem to be straight shooters, no games Ö

I sold another car like 5 times, took $100 non-refundable deposit, gave one month to pay in full ..

its now sold AGAIN .. 20 days left to complete .. we shall see .. if not, its Kars for Kids next Ö

jimster480 likes this.
post #6 of 33 (permalink) Unread 08-08-2019, 11:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by z85rado View Post
After much ďriding the brake and clutch...Ē
You have no idea how tough that was to read, lol. You have a PBM - Phantom Black or Perfect Blue? You tried throwing it up on the sell side and seeing if you got any hits?

'15 M6 Perfect Blue, Roof, Inflator. #20 of 21.
post #7 of 33 (permalink) Unread 08-08-2019, 01:04 PM Thread Starter

I’ll check carvana as well. CarMax is only a few miles away.
post #8 of 33 (permalink) Unread 08-08-2019, 01:06 PM Thread Starter

“Riding the brake and clutch” is a story from years back when my friend borrowed our buddies trailblazer and left him his GTO. he roasted the clutch across the GW. naturally it has become a saying.
post #9 of 33 (permalink) Unread 08-08-2019, 01:18 PM Thread Starter

I have not posted it in the classifieds. May just be my opinion but they don’t seem to do well on the classifieds and worse on bringatrailer.
post #10 of 33 (permalink) Unread 08-08-2019, 02:15 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by z85rado View Post
I have not posted it in the classifieds. May just be my opinion but they donít seem to do well on the classifieds and worse on bringatrailer.
quite a few have sold through classifieds here on the site. I would definitely give it a shot.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy SS Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in