Chevy SS Forum banner

This is my Do Over

3K views 16 replies 15 participants last post by  MIEngineer 
#1 ·
I am new to this forum, Messed up my initial attempt at an introduction, so here goes again. I have visited occasionally since I bought my '17 Orange Blast - (sunroof, no spare, automatic) SS. It has never seen rain or snow. I live in southern Illinois and I only have about 2700 miles on it since I bought it in December of '17. I traveled a couple hundred miles to get it. I think I bought the last new SS. in the state of Illinois. (At least all the research I did at the time indicated that was the case.) I consider myself lucky to get it. I am still working at 70, and enjoy staying busy. I am torn between keeping this one completely pure, or getting the 650 horsepower Lingenfelter upgrade package. I don't know whether to do it or not. Wish I knew someone who has had the package installed on their SS. A little concerned that the modification would be frowned upon by purists, but I think I would like to have it done. Could do the work myself, but my thinking is that the Lingenfelter name might be a plus, should I ever decide to sell it ( no plans to do so any time soon.) Would like to hear from anyone who has thoughts on the matter. Good to be among this group. Cheers,

#4 ·
Welcome to the forum and congrats on the SS @PapaZoom. Do to the car what you want to do, not what someone else would want you to do. Quite honestly you'll not get the return on investment when selling the car, but you'll get a bit more than stock. Your return on investment will be when you hit the go pedal and can't get the smile off of your face.
As for the purists, they didn't like rock and roll either, said it would never last... ?

#5 · (Edited)
Lingenfelter was the first builder I contacted when I was considering a build. In hindsight, I wish I had chosen them right off the bat as they hold a pedigree of callings. That 650 package looks very clean and a safe bet. By the way; welcome to the forum.

Reactions: wilkin4
#6 ·
Do it, your car don’t “save” it for someone else. I think going with a reputable builder like Lingenfelter or Livernois Motor Sports is the way to go unless you value the time and effort to do the work yourself more...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#7 ·
I cannot speak to packages as mine is still stock, but the day will come and it will be glorious! To each their own though, and while there may be those who frown upon one thing or another, I think as a community we all still appreciate these cars regardless of each other's preference towards making it their own... well maybe not that one with 24" wheels SMH

#10 ·
Welcome!

#12 ·
Do what makes YOU happy bud. Don't worry about anyone else in regards to YOUR car. As far as choosing Lingenfelter, if I were to go for the whole deal on my car, that's precisely where I'd be. I'm not mechanically inclined so I'd have to go somewhere and as far as I know they're top shelf. Not like that Hennessy garbage. Good luck

#13 ·
Hello Bourmb: Thanks for the info. I bought my SS IN Washington at Uftring. I remember reading a post on this forum a while back from a guy in Washington that had a set of take off tires with about 1000 miles on them, I assume that guy was you. Your SS sounds awesome. At some point, I think the Holden badging will be something I will do also, and would like to get some wheels as well. Thanks again. PapaZoom

#17 ·
Welcome!

I'd do it and drive it more.

Ken is a nice guy, he has a white SS in his massive collection

Can't go wrong either way

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.