Chevy SS Forum banner

Apex EC-7 wheels with H&R coilovers

32K views 20 replies 8 participants last post by  kablammo 
#1 · (Edited)
I did a bunch of research myself here and looked at numerous cars and pictures as I made my decision on what to buy. To that effect I'd like to return the favor and post a picture back up for others.

I chose the Apex wheels as I know of them through my other car, '04 M3. I already had other wheels and did not purchase them for that car, but I always thought they struck a good balance between looks, price, and lightness. I was pleasantly surprised to find out we share the same bolt pattern and they were available in an offset that would work on my SS. I chose to stick with 19's as this is a daily driver that I'm shuttling around my very young children in.

Front Apex EC-7 19x8.5" ET35
Rear Apex EC-7 19x9.5" ET43

See less See more
#2 ·
I like the look of the Apex wheels on your SS. I've seen guy's running them on track days & autocross courses. I'm now considering BBS or HRE when my Heron White shows up in a couple months.

#4 ·
I did get hub centric rings for the wheels. Our bore is 67.x and the bore on the Apex wheels was 72.56.

You can find our bore on this site somewhere, I just don't recall what was after the decimal point.

Reactions: SLA
#5 ·
Looks good DC!! How hard was the coilovers install?

#6 ·
First one in the front sucked, as did the first one in the rear. Second one on both ends was easy.

First one is always fun trying to figure out where to position the spring compressors and the dealing with poor position after the fact. The bumpstop debate ate a lot of time as I was trying to figure out reassembly. Then there is the fact you are completely guessing on height until you reassemble and lower the car, necessitating readjustment.

At this point I could do an hour a corner. If you want or need specific install tips, send me a pm and I will share specific things I learned.

#7 ·
I have one important question that will decide whether I even buy them....can I set them to stock height so I can get the fenders rolled before dropping the car?

#8 ·
Absolutely. When I first installed them I was shocked to find I had raised the car. Had to crank them down.

Don't know how helpful this is but I do own a proper fender roller, the kind that bolts to your wheel hub. You're welcome to use it should you find yourself up in greensboro NC.

For the record I have not rolled mine but I only went down an inch in the front and 1.25 in the rear.

#9 · (Edited)
Absolutely. When I first installed them I was shocked to find I had raised the car. Had to crank them down.

Don't know how helpful this is but I do own a proper fender roller, the kind that bolts to your wheel hub. You're welcome to use it should you find yourself up in greensboro NC.

For the record I have not rolled mine but I only went down an inch in the front and 1.25 in the rear.
Thank you for the offer man, I appreciate it, but will probably never be over that way lol. Your rims are 19" and mine are 20"...my rears are 10" wide vs. your 9.5"...and my offset on rears are +40 vs. your +43

I think they will have to be rolled a little bit on mine....guess that all depends on how low I want to go also

Where did you buy your coilovers and how much did they run you if you don't mind me asking? You can PM me if you'd rather

#10 ·
If I could like this more than once I would.

I have anthracite 17x9 concave Arc 8s on my 97 M3. They are awesome wheels...very strong and very light.

I've been looking to put a set of anthracite PS-7s on my SS, when I get it of course. I was pretty sure I wanted Heron White but this has my mind going.

#11 ·
White would have been my first choice as well and I would have put anthracite colored wheels on the white car. I was not able to find the car in white and found I liked the black in person which is how I ended up with a black one. I'm personally not a fan of the complete blackout and I am liking the chrome trim contrast on black so I chose the silver wheels.

#12 ·
I got them from allshocks.com for $1,249. Originally tried to order them from tirerack along with my new tires but they told me it would be sometime before they got them in stock.

Allshocks got them here much quicker, although it did end up being drop shipped from H&R.

Reactions: Treytaw
#15 ·
I got mine from summit racing. I ended up ordering both an American racing set and a set from Gorilla because the inside diameters where oh so slightly different and I wanted to make sure at least one would fit. The Gorilla rings fit.

http://www.summitracing.com/parts/gor-72-6710

Reactions: 3Pedals
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.