Chevy SS Forum banner

20x11s in the back?

8K views 14 replies 9 participants last post by  Kre8 
#1 ·
Has anyone fit a set of 20x11s in the back? I want to say I had something close to that on my G8 and they fit okay.

Anyone try that big of a rim? Maybe with a 305/30/20? Looking into running a NT05R Nitto

#2 ·
It's a lot like the G8- get the offset right (I think a +45 or 50) and it might work stock height, may need roll the fenders and trim the liner, def will if you lower, but yes with a little work it will fit.

#3 ·
20x11 will fit just needs the proper offset. id go as close as you can to 50 if possible.

#6 ·
I have 20x11 on the rear on my ss and fits fine. I'm not running 305's I'm running 285's ..when these wear down I'll be going to 295's ....

It's a lot like the G8- get the offset right (I think a +45 or 50) and it might work stock height, may need roll the fenders and trim the liner, def will if you lower, but yes with a little work it will fit.
Yeah at stock height 20x11 is fine. I did lower the car ...and i had to rolled and slightly pull the fenders

20x11 will fit just needs the proper offset. id go as close as you can to 50 if possible.
Yeah agreed ...my 20x11 in the rear has a +43 offset

#7 ·
Thanks for the help guys. I am just trying to establish what kind of drag radial I can run. I have a 20" rim that I like that comes in 20x10 and 20x11 So right now I'm thinking a 275/35/20 on the 20x10 or a 305/30/20 on the 20x11. Car is going to have an LSA conversion shortly and I know I'll blow the Bridgestones off the factory wheels pretty quick.

#12 ·
+35 is going to end up with tire under the fender lip or maybe sticking out a little, might rub at stock height on bad bumps or with a lot of weight in the car. +43 would be better but as mentioned I try to go closer to +50, that will get the tire more under the car/in the fender.

#14 ·
From everything I've looked at... going through the wheel directory therad, pics posted, some calculations and (because he seemed to strike the limit) this thread: http://www.ssforums.com/forum/wheels-tires-suspension/124817-niche-wheels.html

without any modifications here are your limits

REAR MAX:
10" = +36 (baseline)
10.5" = +42.35
11" = +48.7 (if trying to keep a 305 inside the body I'd add a mm)

FRONT MAX:
8" = +23.3
8.5" = +29.65
9" = +36 (baseline)

Again, just based on what I've been able to glean from input throughout this site, which has been AWESOME. Cheers!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.