Chevy SS Forum banner

How many miles until you voided your warranty?

6K views 36 replies 28 participants last post by  AJB 
#1 ·
Im getting ready to have Livernois pick up my rig....I think. The logical side of me says, uh, why are you spending money you could invest AND voiding your warranty. The other side of me says, hey man, pay to play.

Im curious to know how quickly you guys with mods, voided your warranty?

Ive had my RPG 6M since June and currently have 4200 miles on the odo.

Ill not plan on hiding this from my dealer as the work will include a +1 update to the ECM which is grounds for voided powertrain.

#2 ·
2016 Regal Peacock, 6MT, No Spare, Roof (we're almost twins!)
No plans to void warranty and have purchased GM extended warranty as well. Not enough of a risk taker to dump the warranty on a limited production Australian vehicle, and a pragmatist when trying to resell a modified vehicle. This is the fastest car I have driven and has the highest top speed. GM manufactured a car than meets my needs "as is". If I need to go faster and/or scare myself I will buy an appropriate motorcycle.

#11 ·
I agree with this statement.

Has anybody been denied warranty service on anything and everything on the car simply because of a certain mod?

Also some tunes seem to claim they are undetectable, has anybody shown with those tunes that they truly are in these cars ECU's?

#6 ·
I plead the 5th!
Actually I haven't gone past exhaust and CAI.
Jones'n for a tune to get rid of lag in shifting.
Warranty helps a little on waiting, the recall
already gave GM opportunity to look and I do
believe they care...

Reactions: SaberOne
#7 ·
9,400 miles until I got the fever. I didn't void the warranty though...just posting about my tune here on the forum was enough to get my warranty flagged. Went in for an oil change soon after and the service writer told me I had a powertrain warranty block on my car. Doesn't bother me but trust me, they're watching :hidesbehindsofa:

#25 ·
That's strange, I took mine in for a free oil change and recalls and they didn't mention a powertrain warranty block.

#8 ·
I made it 1383 miles lol

#12 ·
GM put a block on my powertrain warranty a long time ago from some posts here on the forum so if you or anyone is worried about warranty, watch what you post here.

#14 ·
Another 2016 RPG 6 MT here, purchased at the beginning of November and applied Livernois tune, with Rotofab CAI, in mid December with 1K miles. Patience is a skill I don't have, nor wisdom.

Reactions: 520ss
#16 ·
I'm not touching my car until the both warranties expire. Coming from VW's.... I need the warranty. Actually I might buy an extended one too. We'll see. I was thinking that in about 5 year when my car has 100k on it, I'm going to drop $10k on it for an LSA install, cheaper than a new car...and with the added HP, it should feel like a new car too. :)

#23 ·
My Livernois "Receiving Inspection" report shows 3506 miles on my SS when they got it from Reliable Carriers. I don't need no stinkin' engine warranty!

#24 ·
Supercharger installed at 1200 miles.......don't wait put one in and try to wipe the smile off your face!!!!

#26 ·
Well I must be the dumbest of them all. I bought the extended warranty then proceeded to void it after 5500 miles. The power was so good I just had to have more. I'm 40 years old so times a wastin and I'm happy to haul a$$ without a warranty.

#30 ·
Exactly why I was thinking I might still keep it. Not sure though, but maybe.

#31 ·
CAI, Headers + Tune at 7 months (5,000 miles). Would have done it sooner had the car not been in the body shop for rear end repairs (for over 2 months due to parts availability).

Definitely worth doing - screw the p/t warranty, complete different car today than when I drove it home from the dealer.

#33 ·
MD to NJ lol

#34 ·
cam, headers, o/r X pipe, Rotofab, Circle D 4C converter, ported/modded intake manifold and dyno tune at 11,000 miles. Still retaining the 10 year/100,000 mile warranty. When your performance shop is based out of the dealership, its worth the extra money.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.