Chevy SS Forum banner

Please post your introductions here

416K views 4K replies 1K participants last post by  SS WOT 
#1 ·
Welcome to Chevy SS Forum! Please tell us a bit about yourself, your driving history, cars you have owned and loved, and why you like/hate the Chevy SS.

We hope you enjoy your stay and welcome aboard our amazing community.

Your SSForums.com Staff

#7 ·
'09 G8 GT, traded up to an '09 G8 GXP (love it!). If my posterior fits in the seat there very well may be one in my future. Hard to find anything that compares to the G8.

#12 · (Edited)
Hi I am Roman I sold my G8 GT back in March in hopes of picking up new SS but They were not available up until now. I wound up with a ATS 2.0 t RWD Lease. ATS is a nice car but i cannot adjust to it after G8, its smaller and the power is not there. So my plan is to pick up SS in about 2 years either new at a good price or used. I was on both G8 boards and still visitor. This is great forum lots of G8 guys as they say ones you go Holden you cannot turn back. Something about these cars cannot explain that draws you to them. maybe its because they are made in Australia.

#14 ·
My name is Nick. I currently own a 2009 G8 GT with 55K on the clock. Love the car and love how much attention it gets to this day!(The exhaust might help a little bit haha)

I cant afford an SS but im really glad they decided to bring the Commodore back here because its a **** of a package. Maybe a couple years down the road ill be able to pick up a used SS.

#15 ·
commodoreman2000-

They are saying 5 months for arrival not built yet. That works perfectly for me, I don't want to receive the car in the middle of the winter. I also don't have to worry about any ADM because the dealership is where my family's body shop buys all our GM from. They are currently asking 4-5 over on their one allocation.

z51vette-

I really wanted the orange they get down under but I'm sure the red will be sharp. I'm at SEMA this week heading to see the Jeff Gordon SS today!

#17 ·
I really liked the look of the quad exhaust. There seemed to be many people interested asking the Chevy guys about the car. The one I talked to said he owns a G8 and loves the new SS.

On a side note Chevy was giving free hot laps in the new vette as long as you test drove another vehicle (silverado/spark). The vette is an absolute beast!

Attachments

#19 ·
I'm Jerry. I have a G8 GXP and have been following this forum to see all the excitement for this new SS like I did with the first 888 G8s. Its great to hear all the talk and stories, and then the delivery of the car. I don't plan on trading the GXP in, but in a few years from now might have to get the SS.

#20 · (Edited)
Prior ownership = 3 G8's! First G8 was an MSM M6 GXP with roof, 2nd was MGM GT no roof however GXP front and rear added, 3rd was another GXP M6 SRM with roof. There was an 04 GTO M6 before that. Current household inventory is a 2007 Mustang GT vert, 2010 Camaro SS M6, 2012 CTS Coupe, and a 2014 Taurus SHO. The SHO will be gone in the spring replaced by the SS unless I can pull off a deal sooner. The AWD in winter seems to make sense but I've driven the G8 on snows and it's an animal!

#27 ·
Currently have an 02 Firehawk and an 11 Camaro SS. Still debating whether to trade in the SS for a 4 door SS. It's hard to swallow that 50,000 dollar price tag after taxes. We'll see what happens in the spring and maybe we'll have a better idea about the future of the SS.

#29 ·
New here as well. Bought an 09 G8 GT brand new before Pontiac closed their doors. It was fun stock for about 1500 miles then headers and cold air intake got installed. Then a couple thousand more miles, a nice cam shaft got swapped in. I've been super happy with this car and am sure that the new SS owners will be just as happy.

When stock:

As is today:

#31 ·
2009 LR GT right now...but its in storage for a couple of years while overseas. Interested in the SS, especially if they ever put a manual and LT1 in it. But, also am really liking the C7...:) Either way, couple of years before I'm really in the market to buy.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App