Chevy SS Forum banner

"Supported Performance Upgrades"

5K views 10 replies 7 participants last post by  LivernoisMotorsports 
#1 ·
In the description of the Livernois Tuner, it talks about "Supported Performance Upgrades". What upgrades are supported and which aren't? I remember reading superchargers weren't supported at some point. What about things like non-Livernois cam or heads, etc?

Slowly trying to map out upgrades and debating on a basic tune like this or something more customized in person.

#2 ·
The best I can answer is we have to have tuned it here in person before to be able to do so. This is a pretty long list, but still is not endless in our ability to support things. Camshafts are easy to answer. It would need to be stock, or ours, we don't support other camshafts for our remote tuning. We could do so in house. Now, we also don't support every single camshaft we offer either. We have a core group that we do depending on the specific vehicle. On these, it would essentially be 1c, 2c, 2c-hl, and 2r-maxx. But each of those would have things that might need to be with it to do it properly. A 2r-maxx in an auto would need a certain torque converter to ensure it all works well.

Now, blowers adds complexity into it, but essentially it's an "ask first" situation. Obviously we support our own TVS2300. We also support the whipple supercharger, but there are some other required items needed like a 3-bar MAP sensor to do it properly. Heartbeat has some limited support as well, but requires different injectors than they supply, and a 3-bar as well.

One combo we have not done is a procharger, so that's not on the list currently.

Also, don't assume handheld = basic. We just had a customer in last week that had someone "custom" tune his SS in person. they changed a total of 6 things in the engine tune, and 10 in the transmission. For reference we change hundreds of things in the tune for a stock car to get our results.

#7 ·
Kind of along the lines of supported mods, whats your opinion/results with shorty headers on these cars (or any LS3) I'm in CA so long tubes are out and i get stuck with 91 octane. I currently only have a roto fab intake and thinking about picking up JBA shorties before having it tuned by you guys. Have you guys seen any significant increases with the shorties vs just the intake, is it worth it ($700) in your opinion or does it throw off/cause any issues to the A/F ratio?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.