Chevy SS Forum banner

Livernois Motorsports 2015 SS Sedan Build!

41K views 143 replies 34 participants last post by  Fast SS 
#1 ·
Another 2015 Chevrolet SS Sedan in for some work!

Livernois Motorsports Street Series heads and a Livernois Motorpsorts 2C High Lift camshaft to start with ported intake and throttle body. Lets see how much power we can make!

Land vehicle Vehicle Car Motor vehicle Full-size car

Land vehicle Vehicle Car Automotive design Car dealership

Engine Vehicle Auto part Car Hood

Vehicle Car Automotive design Automotive exterior Hatchback

See less See more
#44 ·
Sounds good! Sounds so different to mine! Need to hear it in person though.

#54 · (Edited)
#61 ·
Good Numbers. I wonder how much the new heads added (aka what would the numbers be with all of the mods but sticking with the stock heads)? Speculation I know, but Livernois probably has a good idea since I imagine they have done several LS3 builds with similar setup but stock heads.
Also, how is the idle and driveability of the car? I guess you need some time to truly determine the impact of the mods on day to day life.

#74 ·
A couple more things I have discovered. You have to press hard on the brake to fully stop, and a smooth stop is difficult. Definitely gets double takes. One guy was going into a pizza store next to where I was. He got in the door when I started it. He quickly came back out and stared at my car. Last night I turned left at a light and a guy in a truck was making a right on red, so he was behind me when Mr Hyde came out. He stopped mid turn and watched me run thru the gears.

#76 ·
Almost forgot. I needed traction control this morning when I went to pass a guy doing 40 in a 45. Back end came loose on two gear changes during the pass. Definitely had to fight to stay out of the ditch. Plus I bet he wished he had ear plugs.
This is all music to me ears and makes me want to get these headers for now at least!!! I may have to make a drive down and visit :nerd Did you swap out to all seasons tires?

#75 ·
Almost forgot. I needed traction control this morning when I went to pass a guy doing 40 in a 45. Back end came loose on two gear changes during the pass. Definitely had to fight to stay out of the ditch. Plus I bet he wished he had ear plugs.

#83 ·
Well this is true for those who recognize what they are hearing. Last night an older woman in a Q45 thought she was going to teach me a lesson. When the light changed she took off squealing. I just stayed along side for a bit, then when she she looked over, I dropped the hammer and roared away. Does that make me mean?
:devil

#87 ·
Man that sounds good. Credit for going out in this cold weather. I am sure your neighbors know when you are coming and going lol.

#91 ·
Man that sounds good. Credit for going out in this cold weather. I am sure your neighbors know when you are coming and going lol.

#93 ·
I'm new here and looking around at all the different ways this wonderful car can be transformed. Thank you for the detail explanations and for sharing updates on sound and how it feels to drive!

#95 ·
Today I took the car in for an oil change, it has been 1000 miles since my upgrades. The dealer has a mostly enclosed customer receiving area. When I pulled in, I emptied the service writers, salesmen and general manager and at least one customer off the showroom floor. While everyone was enjoying the car's sound, a tech from the Toyota dealer next door got curious and came over as well. Even though I went in for just an oil change, they all were wanting to do something. So they vacuumed it and checked the alignment for free. Once they pulled it into the service bay, everything came to a stop and I had about 8 techs 'helping' to change the oil and check out everything on the car. Everyone was impressed with how great a job Livernois had done. Many wanted to know the cam specs which unfortunately did not know. I did tell them it was a 2C-HL. Several techs had the Livernois web page up trying to find it when I left. One tech had a Texas Speed cam on his bench, but said he may return it after hearing mine.

Since I can now consider it worn in. On the way home it stopped on a very rural road and turned off the traction control and slipped it into sport mode. I was running my 285 Michelin Sport Cup 2 tires (very high traction). I turned it loose, really loose, for the first time. I laid down a huge track of rubber with 2 interruptions for gear change. This thing is wild! Soon it will be time to test at the track and on mountain roads. So far, I am very satisfied with the money spent. If these cars came this way, they could not have made them fast enough to satisfy demand.

#96 ·
Man you're making my wait that much worse. Can't wait to get mine back. Was told yesterday probably a couple weeks. Bad news for me is I can't help the impulsive side of me and have been looking at adding a LSA to the build. Don't tell the Livernois guys that because I do live up to the IMPULSS name lol

#97 ·
Glad you were finally able to stretch her legs! From the short test drive I was privileged to ride in, I can only imagine how quickly the speedo goes around!

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

Reactions: 14SS#4446
#101 ·
Never said that. I just said I don't like excessively high speed on public roads. If the speed range I drive in all the time has me constantly fighting traction, that takes some of the fun out of it. I'm not saying this as fact, I've not ridden in a SC SS yet. We all break the law in our cars, but some things are just stupid dangerous for you and those around you and I try to avoid those things.

Reactions: 05on20s
#107 · (Edited)
Well I finally had a chance to get to the track last night. It was a humid and hot 81 degrees. Not used to that yet.

My fastest time came early during the 'Test and Tune' period.

I made it to the round before the semi-finals. I was eliminated by a older 1989 Mustang, who knew his run time well. He ran a 13.056 on a dial in of 13.050, so I was no where near as close to my time as he was to his. I still left plenty of room, so I wouldn't run out. The car was actually getting fairly consistent near the end, so I should have selected a much closer dial-in (lesson learned). At least making it as far as I did, I received a cupon for a free visit, so the night was basically free.

Overall, I had a lot of fun. Many were curious and I received many complements on the looks and sounds.

#144 ·
Trap is good for 11's with a better 60.

#109 · (Edited)
After running on the Tail of the Dragon, I have discovered one thing not done right. After extended high power operation the following happened. I had originally viewed the position change of the exhaust tips as a good thing, keeping everything high and tight. But there is a downside.

On the other hand, the power was wonderful, the trans program near perfect. The downshifting was spot on, I never had to use the paddles to be at the right rpm and gear. I know I converted 3 corvette drivers when I took them for a ride. Thing started out all jokes and fun, until I turned up the wick. Then things got quiet. Then the Holy Sh1t, remarks started after a 1.1g turn with four full sized boys inside. After a little tail out in a turn, they decided a new tree of shame was needed for dirty underwear. All agreed a C7 Stingray or Grand Sport was not going to get around as quickly. I still do not have any comparison for a Z06.

#110 ·
Are the tips rubbing??

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

#112 ·
On the issue of the exhaust melting the rear valance; I found the muffler clamp on the side that melted was not all that tight. I was able to put a bar in the exhaust tip and reposition it, then turned the clamp bolt about 2 and a half turns. Hopefully that will end the melting.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.