Chevy SS Forum banner

Tune

5K views 16 replies 12 participants last post by  Mark 5 
#1 ·
Andy:
Has your shop looked at the factory tunes on 14,15,16's autos. My 16 seems a lot slower than my 14, got a tip that indeed the factory had changed the tune in 15 and again in 16 due to new exhaust. I'm being pulled by cars in the past that had no chance. This is street driving not track no I don't race just getting cut off when I didn't have a problem before. Car has 5000 miles did proper break in run Mobil 1 and 93, octane Shell or Chevron 14 had 31000 miles wheels and tires off it onto new 16.
z51vett
Doug

#2 · (Edited)
Andy:

Has your shop looked at the factory tunes on 14,15,16's autos. My 16 seems a lot slower than my 14, ................ I'm being pulled by cars in the past that had no chance.

z51vett
Doug
Good to know. Glinda's happy to hear that.

Since A6 is faster than M6, and 2014 is faster than 2015/2016, Glinda may well be the fastest stock SS in the south-land!

NICE !!!

#12 ·
Could be the tune (hopefully the tuners chime in).

More likely a combination of a few things:

-Miles on your car. These cars seem to get a little faster with about 20k plus miles on them.

-Luck of the draw. Seems like there've always been "factory freaks" and "factory turds" with LS powered cars.

-exhaust/engine sound. The 14 and 16 definitely sound different, so that may play into what feels faster.

#13 ·
I compared the 2015 Manual stock tune to the 2016 manual stock tune (all that I can get ahold of at this point). The differences are minimal to the point of irrelevance. Very few changes and in areas that you would never notice.

#14 ·
All..Glad I'm not the only one that noticed the difference from the 14's to 16's..My 14 seemed to have more power and shifted better than the 16's..My 16 is sluggish/lazy when shifting and doesnt pull like the 14..I also notice you hit the rev alot quicker in the 16..Bummer they did this tune change..Not liking it..

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.