My SS Loan - Chevy SS Forum
 14Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 16 (permalink) Old 05-19-2017, 01:18 AM Thread Starter

My SS Loan

I've had my SS for 2 weeks now and have been loving it. Two days ago I received a call from the dealer that they forgot to have me sign a paper to get the loan processed. This explains why my agent hasn't been able to get the info for the re-financing. Without asking they sent a picture of the document to my phone. I don't have a 'smart' phone with data and crap so this is an extra charge to me. I called them of course and we arranged for them to email me the documents. When I got home from work I found that they sent me a cover page, only. None of the papers I actually need to sign. I emailed back and waited until past noon before calling and leaving a message. Two hours later I called and found he is gone for the day, so I asked to be transferred to his supervisor. I left a message as he didn't pick up. Turning my phone on after work I have no missed call from them, and no emails.
This is outrageous! A payment for my loan on the cruze I traded was due yesterday, and the 10 day pay off they were given has of course past. Anyone else have this kind of trouble before? I am outraged at this point, I've purchased 6 other vehicles in my life so far and never once had trouble. I understand ya, things happen. But their dealing with it terribly.
RedhotFLSS likes this.

Jet black 16, purchased May of 17. SS life, for life.
14 Cruze 6MT 2LT RS
01 Intrigue GX -Current
02 Alero GX 2.2 5sp coupe
98 Mustang GT conv.
04 GTO
Alero 2.2 & 3.4 both white 4dr auto GL
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 16 (permalink) Old 05-19-2017, 01:28 AM

Pretty good read here:
deadspin-quote-carrot-aligned-w-bgr-2

Definitely sounds like time to find a new dealer.
RedhotFLSS likes this.
post #3 of 16 (permalink) Old 05-19-2017, 01:43 AM

Mostly unrelated, but i had my SS for just over a week when i got a urgent call from my dealer saying they messed up on the contract and needed to send someone with the papers to me ASAP. Keep in mind, the dealer i bought from was aprox 2 hours away. They sent a guy from the dealership 2 hours to get me to resign the contract at my home. The reason?? They miscalculated the paperwork and overcharged me by 1 CENT. I thought the entire thing was hilarious, but from what i understand, it happens quite often.

Current rides:

2017 SSB 6MT - Spare/ No Roof
2009 Daytona 675
1997 4Runner 4WD

Previous rides:

2012 CBR250
2007 CBR1000
2001 S2000
1999 Tacoma
1998 Civic
1994 Del Sol
1991 Integra
1979 Plymouth Arrow Pickup

post #4 of 16 (permalink) Old 05-19-2017, 08:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssvnv View Post
Mostly unrelated, but i had my SS for just over a week when i got a urgent call from my dealer saying they messed up on the contract and needed to send someone with the papers to me ASAP. Keep in mind, the dealer i bought from was aprox 2 hours away. They sent a guy from the dealership 2 hours to get me to resign the contract at my home. The reason?? They miscalculated the paperwork and overcharged me by 1 CENT. I thought the entire thing was hilarious, but from what i understand, it happens quite often.
You must VIP, lol.
post #5 of 16 (permalink) Old 05-19-2017, 09:36 AM

Garage
The finance manger goofed up, there is no reason that it should have taken 2 weeks to find a signature errors. The payoff difference of your old car is their responsibility.
I'd just get my own financing and be done with those clowns.
IHVOCD, RedhotFLSS and Beatrice like this.
post #6 of 16 (permalink) Old 05-19-2017, 01:15 PM Thread Starter

Gone a day and half now and I have gotten no replies at all. Going to call again in a minuet. They are 3 1/2 hours from me. They had the best deal and one of the closest SS's to me.

14 Cruze 6MT 2LT RS
01 Intrigue GX -Current
98 Mustang GT conv.
04 GTO
post #7 of 16 (permalink) Old 05-20-2017, 12:49 AM Thread Starter

After calling a leaving a message today I got a call back. He explained to me how to open attachments and assured me that it was there. I went out on brake and double checked on my ipod. The only attachment there is one page long, and it's the cover page. I checked again on my computer tonight, and that defiantly all there is. I left a message telling them that, confirming my information, and leaving my work's fax number. We'll see what happens now I guess.

14 Cruze 6MT 2LT RS
01 Intrigue GX -Current
98 Mustang GT conv.
04 GTO
post #8 of 16 (permalink) Old 05-21-2017, 10:54 AM

Sounds like the dealership I was working with in Dearborn Mi. So glad I found a better deal elsewhere and didn't buy from them.
post #9 of 16 (permalink) Old 05-21-2017, 01:54 PM
Super Moderator

They want you to sign what paper loan or what I would go to credit union get approved at lower rate take them a check. End of story I had issue with someone and that's how I handled it.
z51vett
Doug
KenzSS, LAG, TheBeaSSt and 1 others like this.
post #10 of 16 (permalink) Old 05-21-2017, 02:10 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by z51vett View Post
They want you to sign what paper loan or what I would go to credit union get approved at lower rate take them a check. End of story I had issue with someone and that's how I handled it.
z51vett
Doug
I'm with Doug, Wendell my finance guy encouraged me to join a credit union and get a loan thru them...solid advise. Also finding another dealer that's honest and upfront so you're not dealing with drama like this again
KenzSS likes this.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy SS Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page