Chevy SS Forum banner

Acoustic Tube blockoff

8K views 11 replies 7 participants last post by  z51vett 
#1 ·
In case anyone just wants to remove the Kazoo tube in it's entirety, or say perhaps use a 2014-2015 intake from Rotofab on their 16-17, I found a rubber plug on Amazon that fits perfectly in the firewall. Once you remove the Kazoo tube. Put the two bolts holding it to the firewall back in. Then use one of these to put in the large hole in the firewall. I haven't explored where on the firewall this comes through on the inside, but it looks to be a good place to run cables for a wideband out to the engine compartment. These are soft rubber and would just need a slit in them with a razor blade to be able to pass cables through.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B012WKIN5Y/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

#8 ·
FYI for anyone looking to run some cables through the hole left from the kazoo tube in the firewall, it works!! I was really concerned because it looked like there was some sort of ducting behind the hole, but I took a piece of 1/8" welding wire and just fed it through gently. No problems.

#9 ·
In case anyone just wants to remove the Kazoo tube in it's entirety, or say perhaps use a 2014-2015 intake from Rotofab on their 16-17, I found a rubber plug on Amazon that fits perfectly in the firewall. Once you remove the Kazoo tube. Put the two bolts holding it to the firewall back in. Then use one of these to put in the large hole in the firewall. I haven't explored where on the firewall this comes through on the inside, but it looks to be a good place to run cables for a wideband out to the engine compartment. These are soft rubber and would just need a slit in them with a razor blade to be able to pass cables through.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B012WKIN5Y/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
Awesome find, thanks for sharing! this is an inexpensive way to do this and we don't have to buy an overpriced Roto-fab to block the hole! :grin

#12 ·
I took hose loose and measured inside the closes I could come was a plug from Home Depot 1/2" part 449-005HC Mueller industry's. I found hose had a small plastic string holding it, also put small in in first I think something around plug it would help seal it better. My thoughts put two in for a better seal. I don't have the arh sound anymore car looks stock.
z51vett
Doug

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.