Chevy SS Forum banner

Some Backroad driving... Plus launch control test and a cow or two

2K views 8 replies 4 participants last post by  Kostamojen 
#1 ·
Took some vids while testing out my new Gopro Session today.

First vid, quick test of the launch control with the manual. Doesn't work that well IMO:

Second vid, just some nice backroad cruising on some country roads:

Third vid, some tighter twisties and a little quicker driving, until the cows showed up!

And finally on the way back wound up on some nice empty highway...

Enjoy!

#4 · (Edited)
Nice! Looks like it could be in Texas.
Its actually Northern California :) We are blessed with a great variety of roads around here, and I can get to said roads away from traffic in 15 minutes.
Stock exhaust? Where was your microphone?
This car is surprisingly stable and sticky through the twisties. If you have the chance, take it to an HPDE school at a track. You'll see those corners a little differently.
Stock 2016 everything but Holden badges. Microphone is located on the camera (IE the included microphone) attached to the window.

I usually do at least two Autocrosses a year and I did an HPDE last year with my old BRZ. Ive been driving long enough to not worry about pushing it too hard on normal roads, as you can tell by me not plowing into that cow!

I plan on getting a front end alignment for more camber, and Ill get better tires in the future too which it needs. Otherwise yes it does extremely well in the twisties!

#3 ·
Stock exhaust? Where was your microphone?
This car is surprisingly stable and sticky through the twisties. If you have the chance, take it to an HPDE school at a track. You'll see those corners a little differently.

Reactions: Armin DeFiesta
#5 ·
Nice vid! No, it didn't look like Texas.

On a group motorcycle ride, two guys who thought they needed to be in front found themselves herding goats at 130mph. When we caught up with them, they were standing next to their parked bikes, all disoriented from the adrenaline dump they just experienced. The cattle guards in the road should have been a clue, especially after being surprised by those metal grates in the middle of a sharp turn while leaning hard.

#6 ·
I thought i had read a post before that you were from Ca. Been there many times but only Southern and never got to branch out much from the usual tourist places which for me was all coastal from San Diego to L.A.
That is the beauty of Ca. the very diverse terrain. Was super cool seeing flat land and cows there.

Since i live in Houston, everyone (alot of people) think everyone has cows and oil and wears a cowboy hat. lol.
Could not be further than what it is really like, at least for my life. I am looking forward to some hill country driving around Austin and surrounding areas one day soon.

Again, thanks for sharing, super cool vids :)

Tom

#7 · (Edited)
I am looking forward to some hill country driving around Austin and surrounding areas one day soon.

Tom
You don't have to go that far to find some exhilarating drives outside Houston. Sure, the 3 Sisters from Leakey is a must, but we have some roads West and South that can be very entertaining. In a public forum, I'll mention Brazos Bend Park from Hwy 59, the cops know that one well. Has some straightaways mixed with 90 deg banked turns that you can see all the way through. Some of the other roads, I ain't sayin, hate to see traffic build. One long time favorite has been discovered by the bicycling community and you'll get surprised by pelotons of 30 or so in a blind turn, that road is essentially ruined 'cuz you don't want to pull a Schwinn out of your grille.

#9 ·
Im by Sacramento. Near Petaluma you can make the drive to Barryessa for some good roads, and I know the trip to Mt. Tamalpais has good roads too. Lots of other back roads in that area are quite good as well.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.