Spyder LED tail lights - Page 2 - Chevy SS Forum
 26Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 30 (permalink) Old 01-02-2017, 06:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by the Captain View Post
They look very nice, mind if we ask where did you get them and are they 'plug-n-play' install??
I don't know if he got them from here, but this may help you.

Spyder 2014-2016 Chevy SS Performance LED Tail Lights - Black
the Captain likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 30 (permalink) Old 01-02-2017, 06:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by the Captain View Post
They look very nice, mind if we ask where did you get them and are they 'plug-n-play' install??
I got mine from Maverick man's site. And yes they are plug n play.
the Captain and Fedex23 like this.
post #13 of 30 (permalink) Old 01-02-2017, 10:15 PM

Garage
I'm on the fence on these. I really still like the subdued stock ish look. I think they look good, but I have a different direction.

I'm sure these will catch on, will look great if that rear diffuser Mobile Attractions is making comes to fruition.
Boudin and SaberOne like this.

- Jeff
2015 SS: #2868 built, #21 of 24 As Optioned
6MT, Sunroof, Spare, SLIHRM
Livernois 2C Cam Build [457 RWHP/421 RWTQ]
LSA on the way.

1993 Acura NSX "The Weekend Supercar"
5MT, 3.0L Mid-Engine V6 with 166k miles, Formula Red

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #14 of 30 (permalink) Old 01-03-2017, 11:18 AM

Garage
I really wouldn't call it it plug and play since at very least you have undo a multitude of bumper screws from both the rear wheel wheels and pull away the top front of the front bumper as the bumper clips into the lower retainer of the lights... I found it easier to just remove the whole bumper completely off to protect it from when I work on the lights. also you are actually installing 4 lights total as the trunk lights are separate...

all in all, its easy but time consuming work as opposed to my goat which was two screws directly on the light, now that I would consider plug and play.

2015 Chevy SS Perfect Blue 6M, sunroof, spare 1 of 44 Holden Lion badge conversion, Borla S-type axle back.
SOLD 05 GTO - Frt&Rr 13.7CTS-V Brembo-ARH 1 7/8 Hdrs with hf cats-Vararam Intake-BTR dual springs Plat-Ti Rtnrs-BilletPro Shifter-SpeedInc SI4 Cam-LS2 intake ported-CXRCoilovers-Revshift Motor mounts-Turner adj end links-SLP Rear Swaybar-Pedders Bushes-Pedders Frnt Sway-Energy Bush-HBD Steering Wheel-19's ROH Drift R's-SLP UD pulley-Corsa Sport-JHP Red Gauge-06 tails 415/438 rwhp/torque
post #15 of 30 (permalink) Old 01-03-2017, 12:00 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by holler View Post
I really wouldn't call it it plug and play since at very least you have undo a multitude of bumper screws from both the rear wheel wheels and pull away the top front of the front bumper as the bumper clips into the lower retainer of the lights... I found it easier to just remove the whole bumper completely off to protect it from when I work on the lights. also you are actually installing 4 lights total as the trunk lights are separate...

all in all, its easy but time consuming work as opposed to my goat which was two screws directly on the light, now that I would consider plug and play.
Does the bracket under the aftermarket light have more "bite" on it than the stock bracket? This is the cause of the loose bumpers because the stock bracket doesn't really clip in as well as it should which cause the fascia to pop out.

Stock bracket for reference:

Suck, squeeze, bang, blow

2015 SS, M6, SLIHRM. No roof, no spare. #1295, 5 of 7
American Racing Headers w/cats, Rotofab CAI, LMS tune

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #16 of 30 (permalink) Old 01-03-2017, 12:17 PM

Garage
I didn't have any issues with the aftermarket brackets on the lights, they clipped in fine. when putting the bumper back on I started with those clips first on both lights. (helps to have a 2nd set of hands for this step)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kannon View Post
Does the bracket under the aftermarket light have more "bite" on it than the stock bracket? This is the cause of the loose bumpers because the stock bracket doesn't really clip in as well as it should which cause the fascia to pop out.

Stock bracket for reference:

2015 Chevy SS Perfect Blue 6M, sunroof, spare 1 of 44 Holden Lion badge conversion, Borla S-type axle back.
SOLD 05 GTO - Frt&Rr 13.7CTS-V Brembo-ARH 1 7/8 Hdrs with hf cats-Vararam Intake-BTR dual springs Plat-Ti Rtnrs-BilletPro Shifter-SpeedInc SI4 Cam-LS2 intake ported-CXRCoilovers-Revshift Motor mounts-Turner adj end links-SLP Rear Swaybar-Pedders Bushes-Pedders Frnt Sway-Energy Bush-HBD Steering Wheel-19's ROH Drift R's-SLP UD pulley-Corsa Sport-JHP Red Gauge-06 tails 415/438 rwhp/torque
post #17 of 30 (permalink) Old 01-04-2017, 08:40 PM

I got mine from Auto Anything. $351 for the pair.
post #18 of 30 (permalink) Old 01-28-2017, 09:46 AM

Garage
Send a message via Skype™ to airboss63
I checked with the folks at Spyder Auto, and they said their lights are tested and meant for 2014-2016 model year and we're not compatible for 2017, because they haven't been tested. On the vehicle yet....
post #19 of 30 (permalink) Old 01-29-2017, 06:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by airboss63 View Post
I checked with the folks at Spyder Auto, and they said their lights are tested and meant for 2014-2016 model year and we're not compatible for 2017, because they haven't been tested. On the vehicle yet....
Bummer,so did ask if they were going to test them so they are 2017 approved or are all 2017 owner's SOL!!
post #20 of 30 (permalink) Old 01-29-2017, 06:42 PM

Was looking to get a set of these for my 2017.
the Captain likes this.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy SS Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page