Official Jungle Green Picture Thread [?] - Page 3 - Chevy SS Forum
 91Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #21 of 59 (permalink) Old 10-18-2016, 08:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matell View Post
Oh why not.....

Exterior will be done once I install painted door handles, HF-20's and possibly the boot/trunk wing. I think I can live with the amber corner reflectors in the headlights for the time being.

All that needs to be done to the interior is some custom embroidery and upholstery and I'll then be happy with having as close as possible facsimile to an Aussie delivered SSV-Redline; just with the steering wheel, park brake, and TC/Parking switches on the wrong side of center, and better seats....with stupid pretensioner installation.
WOW this looks insane, well done on making it look Australian. How hard was it to source all the Holden stuff you needed? I personally dont like the sports armour on the front as it doesnt make the front look as nice. I dont mind the stripe on the hood, but think it might of been too much for my already black highlights.

This is what us Redline owners are starting to do to our redlines here in Australia to make them standout a bit more. Spelling out Redline on the boot lid.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 59 (permalink) Old 10-21-2016, 01:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by supercoach View Post
WOW this looks insane, well done on making it look Australian. How hard was it to source all the Holden stuff you needed? I personally dont like the sports armour on the front as it doesnt make the front look as nice. I dont mind the stripe on the hood, but think it might of been too much for my already black highlights.

This is what us Redline owners are starting to do to our redlines here in Australia to make them standout a bit more. Spelling out Redline on the boot lid.

Thanks mate!

I updated my post with some more pics pre sports armour, not that you need to see what it looked like. You can just go look at your own ride

I'm an odd sort that likes the chrome on the front, so feel that the black armour and bonnet decal rocks however agree that with blackout trim it might all' be too much.

Getting the parts wasn't hard. Just $'s. I worked with Fab's at OPG for pretty much everything. He's using some pics of my car actually to show off the decals.

I don't mind the CALAIS style Redline badging on the boot. But don't think I'd bother as I don't need it to set it apart from the arse of an SS, or SS-V.

VFII - G6P, MER/MN6, CF5, QSB/SN3
2016 SS, Jungle Green, M6, Sunroof, Full size Spare

#1,952 of 2,221
#11 of 13 - This configuration
#32 of 37 this colour

Conceived: 2/2/16
Born: 3/17/16 (window sticker)-3/20/16 (Chev BuildSheet)
Adopted: 07/07/16

Last edited by Matell; 10-21-2016 at 01:45 PM.
post #23 of 59 (permalink) Old 10-31-2016, 11:35 PM Thread Starter

Nice tails

post #24 of 59 (permalink) Old 11-27-2016, 07:17 PM

Garage
Goofballs at the dealership badly scratched my door while doing my free oil change and restraint recall work.

At the end, the dealership made things right and their body shop did a phenomenal job of doing a paint repair and reclearing the entire door.

The manager of the body shop did the work himself. He told me that he had to go to PPG directly to get the paint. The cost? $770 for 8 oz of paint!
post #25 of 59 (permalink) Old 12-01-2016, 03:21 AM Thread Starter

The dealer who did my work didn't damage it from what I could see, and the tech told me he took extra precautions on mine, even parked it further from any cars and kept it in the garage overnight.

Sorry to hear - at least they owned the error [unless you found it and had to tell them...]
post #26 of 59 (permalink) Old 12-01-2016, 09:25 AM

Garage
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by gbg815 View Post
Had a light smoke/tint done on the headlights.

Since I could not find any green vinyl that matches the JGM color, I went ahead and did the chrome door handles gloss black also. I think it looks okay. What do you guys think, yay or nay? If someone finds a green one that matches our cars, at least it is an easy removal of the black vinyl.

Next on my list are to powdercoat the rims. Just can't decide whether to go gloss black, matte black, gunmetal or some other dark grey.
what tint is that? and i like the black door handles....since your doing gloss black everywhere else i would probably stick with it for the wheels

SSkull is my sexy, black, GT package whose back end burbles puts a smile on my face every time
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"Get behind the wheel & it's a done deal"
post #27 of 59 (permalink) Old 12-02-2016, 08:09 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by rebel21 View Post
what tint is that? and i like the black door handles....since your doing gloss black everywhere else i would probably stick with it for the wheels
it was a Lamin-X headlight tint film. according to the guy who did it, its the lightest tint they have available. i will probably PC the rims gloss black pretty soon.
rebel21 likes this.
post #28 of 59 (permalink) Old 01-03-2017, 07:53 AM

Garage
Splitter Side Skirts

Numbers matching fascia (I didn't get the picture of the vin tag on it.

Sorry I was too lazy to move the car to get unobstructed pics!

Cheers!
sal jc and Z06fan like this.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #29 of 59 (permalink) Old 01-03-2017, 10:25 AM

looks good !! did you get the rear bumper pieces too ?

16 SS , Jungle green, sunroof, inflator, manual
#2,107 built
#5 of 5
post #30 of 59 (permalink) Old 01-03-2017, 01:56 PM

Garage
Yes

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy SS Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page