Chevy SS Forum banner

After One day........

2K views 19 replies 16 participants last post by  Surveyor1953 
#1 ·
Well folks, the SS has been mine for 24 hours and I can't believe the reactions I've been getting in this car.

On CA 101 in Ventura a guy rolled by me in his Camaro, then slowed down to pace me and smiled with a big thumbs up. An hour later I'm in a parking lot looking at the owners manual and a guy comes up and was so excited to see the SS he read about, but had never seen before. He fell in love with it. He also knew that an era was over because he had been reading about this fine car,too.

I stopped in and chatted with some buddies at another auto dealership and they all felt this SS would be 'the' car to own in years to come. I know that this is quite the to enjoy right now. Feels like being the kid who actually is the smartest one in the class for knowing the answers on the test.

#2 ·
Welcome to the forum and enjoy those feelings, they won't stop any time soon!

Reactions: RedhotFLSS
#3 ·
I've had mine since July 2015 / the comments, questions and thumbs up just keep on coming = amazes me some time

#4 ·
Im surprised by all the attention it sounds like these cars gets. Mine still flys under the radar. Ive had 1 person ask me about it before in traffic and of course some questions at a cruise in but thats about it.

#20 ·
Maybe being in SoCal puts you into MotorHead land. My niece in Minnesota oohed about the SS because she did know what it was. Must be the dna being hard at work

#7 ·
Same here - six days since I got the car and zero interest! Well, except the guy in a G8 that did a double take when he passed me in town.

But then, this is the Midwest, after all...

es

#8 ·
Outside of Australia, I think the Dallas/Ft Worth area must be the SS capitol of the world. At first, I hadn't really seen too many, maybe 3 or 4 that I knew of. For the first month after I got mine, I felt pretty special. Then the 20% sale hit and now I see them everywhere. Thanks a lot, Myron! JK, I think it's great what he does for our community. Even if there are a couple hundred in the metroplex, it's still pretty rare.

The NGM keeps me off most people radars, as intended. But I do see quite a few rubberneckers, lol.

#10 ·
Most of my questions come from folks who know what it is, or who have enough knowledge to think they know what it is. I'm surprised by the span of the age group. All the way from the pimple faced 17 year old at Whataburger who knew quite a bit about it, to the 60 something in my parking garage who almost quoted the spec sheet to me. The folks who seem to know nothing about it, but who are still obviously intrigued to some degree, are the ones with the quizzical looks when I fire it up. It's obvious they are trying to figure it out but just can't quite get there.

#11 ·
"Feels like being the kid who actually is the smartest one in the class for knowing the answers on the test."

Thought you knew: we're all geniuses for choosing the SS.

Reactions: Armin DeFiesta
#12 ·
Lol yeah, even if people have no clue what the car is, they're still curious.

Yesterday at soccer practice, I parked next to a Camaro SS and he was asking lots of questions.

Then 20 min later another dad on my son's team asked me two questions... 1 was a first for this car.

1. How do you like your car?

and follow up question

2. Is it a 4 cylinder?

lol Definitely hadn't heard that one yet.

#15 ·
I was chatting with 3 salesman when I was waiting for financials to clear on my SS, and they all said this car is the one they'd buy. Not the Z06 convertible in the showroom, not the loaded Camaro outside on the lot, the Chevy SS sedan. They echoed the sentiment that this will be a collector's item the day the last one is sold.

I wonder how much my car will be worth in 5 years when the loan is paid off, or 10-15 years from now when they're totally scarce.

#17 ·
I got the Peacock Green. I was in a Target parking lot and the guy standing next it liked the color because he thought it was black until it caught some sunshine. NO idea about what the car was; he just liked the color.

Reactions: 14SS#4446
#19 ·
Finally had someone recognize the car today, when I took it to be detailed. Younger guy (20s) said "I love these cars" as I was getting out - he knew exactly what it was with details (so to speak).

es

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.