Any '17 NY Metro Area orders? - Chevy SS Forum
 11Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 21 (permalink) Old 01-11-2017, 05:12 AM Thread Starter

Any '17 NY Metro Area orders?

Seeing if any fellow NY Metro area members have placed an order, and with which dealer?
Seems many are travelling. Anyone able to find a good deal around these parts?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 21 (permalink) Old 01-11-2017, 01:39 PM

I spoke to a ct dealer yesterday. Would only say that they are waiting on their allotment and aren't taking orders. Not until March. Oh well. Winter sucks anyway. Guess I'll be waiting.
post #3 of 21 (permalink) Old 01-11-2017, 03:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonnylaw View Post
I spoke to a ct dealer yesterday. Would only say that they are waiting on their allotment and aren't taking orders. Not until March. Oh well. Winter sucks anyway. Guess I'll be waiting.
Order window will be closed before March.
post #4 of 21 (permalink) Old 01-11-2017, 04:58 PM

I am in the Lower Hudson Valley (1hr from Manhattan). I placed an order in early-mid December with Terryville Chevrolet in Terryville Connecticut at the recommendation of a few people on this board. I was told Late March - Early April for delivery. My deposit when towards a car they had on order already and they assigned that order to me directly. 2017 Chevy SS - Nightfall Gray Metallic. 6 Speed Manual w/Spare w/Moonroof
Benh, kdc1899 and NHRATA01 like this.

2017 Nightfall Gray Metallic - 6M w/Roof w/Spare -- Ordered
post #5 of 21 (permalink) Old 01-11-2017, 05:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soups View Post
I am in the Lower Hudson Valley (1hr from Manhattan). I placed an order in early-mid December with Terryville Chevrolet in Terryville Connecticut at the recommendation of a few people on this board. I was told Late March - Early April for delivery. My deposit when towards a car they had on order already and they assigned that order to me directly. 2017 Chevy SS - Nightfall Gray Metallic. 6 Speed Manual w/Spare w/Moonroof

Are you near Newburgh? I grew up in that area and went on a road trip that way to see family / friends last summer. I stopped the dealership in Newburgh and they said that mine was the first they've seen! I was surprised since that area is well populated.

#31 of 44 Perfect Blue 6M w/ roof, spare | Eibach Pro-kit | 19" VMR V718 | De-chromed
post #6 of 21 (permalink) Old 01-11-2017, 05:09 PM

I am in Cranford NJ, about 40 mins south west of Manhattan.. I work in Manhattan and frequently drive the entire area
I have a 17 OBM stick on the boat. I ordered from Myron in Texas and cant wait for my road trip around early March
I would definitely look forward to meeting fellow owners
post #7 of 21 (permalink) Old 01-11-2017, 06:21 PM

Well, that is interesting. Because I spoke to Harry yesterday at Terryville and he told me to wait and he would contact me when they knew what their allotment would be. And it was for this exact color etc. Now I am confused. No mention of being able to put down a deposit or anything. The bummer is, as badly as I want to get this car the hoops I feel that need to be jumped through are really putting a damper on me wanting to get one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soups View Post
post #8 of 21 (permalink) Old 01-11-2017, 06:23 PM

And for reference what kind of monetary deposit are they getting on these cars?
post #9 of 21 (permalink) Old 01-11-2017, 07:43 PM

Quote:
Well, that is interesting. Because I spoke to Harry yesterday at Terryville and he told me to wait and he would contact me when they knew what their allotment would be. And it was for this exact color etc. Now I am confused. No mention of being able to put down a deposit or anything. The bummer is, as badly as I want to get this car the hoops I feel that need to be jumped through are really putting a damper on me wanting to get one.
I was able to put down a deposit after talking with Justin via email after we discussed the process. My deposit got assigned to an order they already placed. I contacted Chevrolet Customer Care with my order # and its already in transit to the States.

Quote:
And for reference what kind of monetary deposit are they getting on these cars?
I put down $1,000

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike V View Post
Are you near Newburgh? I grew up in that area and went on a road trip that way to see family / friends last summer. I stopped the dealership in Newburgh and they said that mine was the first they've seen! I was surprised since that area is well populated.
I am near Newburgh actually. I recently had a Pontiac G8 GT that I would take to Bear Mountain occasionally. The Chevy dealer in Newburgh.... Yeah I wouldn't be surprised. Its a pretty populated area but I can count on one hand how many SS's I've seen around the area. And I wouldn't be the last bit surprised if it was the same one I saw twice.
Mike V likes this.

2017 Nightfall Gray Metallic - 6M w/Roof w/Spare -- Ordered
post #10 of 21 (permalink) Old 01-12-2017, 03:45 AM Thread Starter

This post pretty much reiterates what I have been hearing all along coming down between Myron and Justin at Terryville. Obviously CT is a heck of a lot closer than TX, but the only thing that turned me off speaking with Justin was their Conveyance/DOC fee, which is around $500. With that number, a road trip from TX back to NY doesn't sound so bad after all.
Then there's the voice that tells me to keep cool and wait and see if the summer brings a 20% off sale.
PPV likes this.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy SS Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page