Over 2 Months and still no tag! - Chevy SS Forum
 14Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 24 (permalink) Old 01-08-2017, 10:31 AM Thread Starter

Over 2 Months and still no tag!

I purchased this car on Nov 4 and got a temporary tag till Nov 30, had to call the dealership and beg for a tag. Blah blah it's in the mail, next day air.... No tag so then call back sending me another Temporary tag, got it 7 days late. Good till Dec 31.
On December 28 I call the dealership, we're sis my tag, we will get back with you ( lie) I call back next day "It's getting mailed today" ( lie) wait a day for mail... so on the 5th I call 10+ times all vice mails no one return calls, 6 th I get another salesman to look into it, call you back 3 minutes ( lie) I call back hour later "problem with the DMV on the weight of your car they won't give us a tag" we will look into it Monday, Oh we cannot issue you another temporary tag " you can only get Two"

Well you better do something!
Quote "we're sorry is there anything else we can help you with"
GET ME A FREAKING TAG.

I know there are some GM people on here.
Please help I don't know we're to scream too? I am pissed
Any help is graciously appreciated.
Tim
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 24 (permalink) Old 01-08-2017, 10:43 AM

Garage
You in FL? help from our FL members???
z51vett and RedhotFLSS like this.

• 62Impala 409 2x4 4spd 4:56
  • 15 SS RPG MT
  • 16 SS SSB MT
  • 16 SS Mystic AT
post #3 of 24 (permalink) Old 01-08-2017, 11:38 AM Thread Starter

Yes

post #4 of 24 (permalink) Old 01-08-2017, 11:43 AM Thread Starter

Bought in Jacksonville, dealer had 4 SS according to this forum in October.
Largest or second largest in USA. They claim
post #5 of 24 (permalink) Old 01-08-2017, 12:24 PM

Take your paper work to the tag agency yourself and get a tag then take your reciept bak to the dealership and get your money back.
post #6 of 24 (permalink) Old 01-08-2017, 12:24 PM

Did you file a complaint with your DMV? https://www.flhsmv.gov/pdf/forms/84901.pdf

I've never had to do it, but I've come close once because of a very shady dealer that gave me the same type of run around on getting me my hard plates. Don't know how effective this route is if the DMV's complaint division moves at the same sloth-pace as the rest of their operations.

Another option would be to file a complaint with the good ole Attorney General's office: Florida Attorney General - Citizen Services Contact Form

Or you could just threaten to file complaints with the DMV and AG the next time you talk to the dealership. That should light a fire under their feet to make your issue a priority. Good luck.
post #7 of 24 (permalink) Old 01-08-2017, 12:32 PM

I guess this is a dealership issue since they filed for the registration and plates but at this point, if I were you, I would go directly to the DMV and not leave until you either have your plates or a new temp tag and a commitment to fix the issue.

It's funny how much less important you become to the dealership after you have taken delivery of the car...
z51vett, LAG and 6SpdManualSilver like this.

2016 PBM, 3 pedals, hole in roof, pristine rim in trunk
1965 289 A-code, convertible, toploader - in pieces
post #8 of 24 (permalink) Old 01-08-2017, 01:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by steven0614 View Post
Take your paper work to the tag agency yourself and get a tag then take your reciept bak to the dealership and get your money back.

This is what I was going to recommend, just keep in mind that they'll expect you to pay for the taxes at that time, so when you return to the dealership, make sure they give you back your taxes and any bullshit "administration fee" they charge to do that for you.

One thing you can do, is if the dealer's tags are still on the car, drive around on the nearest toll road like a NASCAR driver (in circles), oh and you may want to make sure that your trade-in (if any) is not in your name.
post #9 of 24 (permalink) Old 01-08-2017, 03:25 PM Thread Starter

Thanks Guys,
First problem dealer is almost 4 hours away! My internet sales lady is new and of no help. I met a man that has been at dealership for 38 years, he has been my only go to. He says you got to be kidding me ( they are lying to him too)
I still have to do the dealership satisfaction survey.....
The is something to say about;

It's funny how much less important you become to the dealership after you have taken delivery of the car...
It took two weeks to get a owners manual.
I just need to know how to get to the top, I am sure the top brass do not know it's taken 70+ days to get a tag! Are they sitting on my money?
RedhotFLSS likes this.
post #10 of 24 (permalink) Old 01-08-2017, 03:32 PM
Super Moderator

I have had title sent to me by dealer by mistake tags lost you name it I have had it happen.
z51vett
Doug
One other option before I say this your dealers not in Miamia?
I had a lady worked with me buy a car months later they call to say they need more money down or they couldn't get her loan approved.
Watch your back go straight to DMV see what they say.

Last edited by z51vett; 01-08-2017 at 03:36 PM.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy SS Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page