Ship Tracking #4 2017 Edition! - Chevy SS Forum
 1111Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 735 (permalink) Old 11-09-2016, 03:04 AM Thread Starter

Ship Tracking #4 2017 Edition!

Welcome to the obligatory 2017 Ship Tracking Thread!! This one is only for Ship Tracking updates!

If you want the 2017 Order Status & Discussion thread it is at this link>>
http://www.ssforums.com/forum/chevy-ss-general-discussion-forum/120458-2017-order-status-discussion-update-posts.html

For you longing souls out there with order sheet in hand. Hopeful, excited, dejected. You know this car is real, its pedigree is known. Its exhaust note bellows. You look out your window, alas, your car is not there; it currently exists in that thin void found between the completely palpable and the hopelessly intangible.

Fear not, I am here to tell you that you did not pick the wrong week to quit sniffing glue! This thread exists to bring substance to the ethereal. It may not be in your driveway, but your SS is out there (even if only a twinkle in Papa Holden's eye).

Carrying the torch from previous years, I'll poach the format and some of the data from @Arbentor, who created a remarkably detailed Ship Tracking #3 thread for MY 2016 shipments.

Some notable information:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arbentor View Post
The entire process can take 5 to 7 months. GM will provide you with a very limited amount of information while you wait for it to arrive at your dealership. You will be told a rough estimate of when it will be built and when it will arrive at the dealership. (usually accurate to within two months, either way) Then you'll be told to go home and wait. The dealer will call you when your car is ready.

During the SS production runs for the first two years there were 8 shipments from Adelaide to the US that contained SS's. Provided there aren't any changes this year, there should be 8 more shipments. We'll be tracking each shipment and updating the entry below for that shipment.
I'm not 100% positive, but from what I gather for MY 2016, ships ran from November through July. There are generally 2 shipments per month, so it looks like there may have been a few more ships towing SS's around. It has been long thought that 2017 would have a shorter production window; I would not expect as many ships for MY 2017.

Additional Info

Previous Ship Tracking threads can be found below, I highly encourage you to read the OP on the Ship Tracking #3 thread, there is much still-relevant information found there-in:

MY 2016 - Ship Tracking #3

MY 2015 - Ship Tracking #2

MY 2014 - Ship Tracking

There is a definitive production status codes page here. In addition, the 'Ship Tracking #3' thread above has some great breakdowns of these codes, I encourage you to read up there.
KenzSS, Headrat, Mike V and 6 others like this.

Last edited by Pinetree; 12-01-2016 at 01:53 PM. Reason: Add a link
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 735 (permalink) Old 11-09-2016, 03:41 AM Thread Starter

I'll do my best to help track shipment data on this thread. I don't have a ton of time, so I'm hoping this can be a community driven process.

@Headrat made an excellent post How-to post on ship tracking: How To Track Ships. I'll be referencing this advice for tracking ships, I encourage others to participate as well.

Currently there's a bit of disparate data found across several different threads:

- 2017 Ordering
- My 2017 SS has been produced
- Santa from the Southern Hemisphere~~~

I'll do my best to summarize what we know so far (or what I think we know):

Production for MY 2017 started in early October, with the first TPW that I can find is one of @MyronM with 10/10/16.

The first SS mover candidate, the Genius Highway came into port in Adelaide on 10/21/2016. This ship was only in port for for 12 hours, so it is unclear how many (or if any) Holdens made it on. My own car shows a TPW of 10/11/16 and went from 3450 status to 3550 sometime between 10/21 and 10/26, which gives me hope that my SS made it onto that boat. Genius Highway was schedule to port in Nagoya on 11/5.

The next boat out of Adelaide is the Atlas Highway, its stay on 11/3 was well chronicled by @Headrat in the Santa thread. The ship stayed in port for ~26 hours and is expected to have a decent sized load of SS's. This boat is due in Nagoya on 11/19.

After that, we have the Themis Leader scheduled for Adelaide on 11/19.

I'll continue tracking the Genius Highway and will provide updates when I know more. Appreciate everyone's help; tip of the hat to @Headrat for all his contributions!
KenzSS, Headrat, speedrye and 3 others like this.

2017 Chevy SS NGM M6
2016 Ford Explorer Platinum (munchkin mover)
1985 Pontiac Fiero GT (my first love)
post #3 of 735 (permalink) Old 11-09-2016, 06:17 AM

Maybe get a list of orders and TPW's and status dates? It might help prevent double work?

spd98 TPW 12/16 order date 10/19
GMAD TPW 12/5 order date 10/24
Hanover Joe TPW 12/12 order date 10/29
ss1badboy 3450 10/18

Last edited by spd98; 11-21-2016 at 12:42 PM.

post #4 of 735 (permalink) Old 11-09-2016, 10:16 AM

If you're asking for a list, and it helps, my order date was 10/24 with same TPW 12/5
post #5 of 735 (permalink) Old 11-09-2016, 12:31 PM

Beauh, this is great!! You are off on a great journey!!! I would concentrate on 'K-Line' vessels. The Themis Leader is an 'NYK' ship. Looks like the next ship in at Adelaide will be the Shanghai Highway on 12-7 (export schedule on K-Line site) Also, I agree that we do have some doubt's about the Genius Highway and it's short stay in Adelaide. And BTW, the Genius is still doing donuts off the coast of Japan, she has not docked yet!! We have seen this go on for days, so nothing new here. With time permitting, I will take a look here and there to help out with this very entertaining situation of tracking. I hope that when a vessel is found to be heading to the west coast, that I can make some sort of contact with 'old friends'. Team efforts always pay off with big returns!! Thank you beauh!!
SSCRUISER likes this.
post #6 of 735 (permalink) Old 11-09-2016, 01:21 PM

Sub'd...

I have an order placed on 10/29, accepted the order on 11/01 and now with a TPW of 12/12.
floridaboy18 likes this.

On Order: 2017 SS, OBM, M6, Roof, and Spare; 4B00 Status as of 03/10/2017.

Daily: 2005 Chevrolet Silverado CC DRW, Duramax/Allison, DSP5, EFI Live, Banks Exhaust, Cognito Level Kit.
Toy: 1988 Pontiac Firebird Formula 350, 700R4, Dart IE heads, Custom Cam, Stock bottom end, Hooker SC Shorties, Borla Bi-Modal Exhaust, mid 13s on 275/45/17 BFG KDW.
Sold: 1996 Chevrolet K1500, 350, 5M, 6" Fabtech Lift, 04 GM rims, 33's - 236,xxx
post #7 of 735 (permalink) Old 11-09-2016, 01:32 PM

My 17' OBM SS was at 3450 on 10/18 haven't had an update yet,so hoping its at 3550 by now and on the way.
orangeblast likes this.
post #8 of 735 (permalink) Old 11-09-2016, 01:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by beauh View Post

For you longing souls

Fear not, I am here to tell you that you did not pick the wrong week to quit sniffing glue!
awsome
the Captain likes this.

2015 RPGAT
sold
2017 NGMMT
bonding
post #9 of 735 (permalink) Old 11-09-2016, 03:25 PM

Looks like me and GMAD will be boat pool buddies.
post #10 of 735 (permalink) Old 11-09-2016, 08:53 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Headrat View Post
Beauh, this is great!! You are off on a great journey!!! I would concentrate on 'K-Line' vessels. The Themis Leader is an 'NYK' ship. Looks like the next ship in at Adelaide will be the Shanghai Highway on 12-7 (export schedule on K-Line site) Also, I agree that we do have some doubt's about the Genius Highway and it's short stay in Adelaide. And BTW, the Genius is still doing donuts off the coast of Japan, she has not docked yet!! We have seen this go on for days, so nothing new here. With time permitting, I will take a look here and there to help out with this very entertaining situation of tracking. I hope that when a vessel is found to be heading to the west coast, that I can make some sort of contact with 'old friends'. Team efforts always pay off with big returns!! Thank you beauh!!
Thanks Headrat, I'll keep that in mind re:K-Line vs others. I was wondering about the status of the Genius Highway: my initial thought from the data was that it hadn't made port, but being almost 4 days late I thought it odd to just be sitting on it's thumbs just outside of harbor (true story: ships have thumbs)... Queue the yelling at my screen: "FFS Genius Highway, you're littorally only half an inch away!!!".

The good news is that it looks like Genius Highway made port in Nagoya at 2016-11-09T2100Z (shout out to any fellow ISO8601 geeks: I've read the professions thread, I know you're out there). it's not clear how long it's intended to stay, but doesn't seem to be very long from what I can gather.

I'm also coming to the conclusion that it may be time to upgrade to a paid package on the marine traffic website; too many obfuscated data points lead to confusion; I've discovered that being both clueless and data constrained is a particularly ineffective combo... The "Pro" package seems ideal, but at $108/mo it seems to be ridiculously expensive (billed annually!). I'm hoping to get by with just the "Premium" option, which is an order of magnitude more reasonable. Any advice on that end?
Headrat likes this.

2017 Chevy SS NGM M6
2016 Ford Explorer Platinum (munchkin mover)
1985 Pontiac Fiero GT (my first love)

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy SS Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page