A good deal, or keep waiting? - Chevy SS Forum
 42Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 25 (permalink) Old 05-17-2017, 02:35 PM Thread Starter

A good deal, or keep waiting?

Hi to all. As we all know, there is no 20% off, indeed no incentive on the 2017 SS right now. I have my eye on a manual, and have a written deal to sell it to me for "invoice, less half of holdback". I can add some GM Card earnings and a Farm Bureau $500 discount to that. Would you guys and gals pull the trigger, or wait and hope?

Thanks for reading and offering input.

Current vehicles:
2017 SS 6M
2015 SS 6M (Holden conversion)
2016 Silverado LTZ 6.2L
2012 Tahoe LT
2004 Mach 1
1993 Mustang GT
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 25 (permalink) Old 05-17-2017, 02:37 PM

Only you can answer that. If I had bought a boring color in 2015 and lusted after the new 2017 NGM, I'd have to do the deal. If you're already happy with your 2015, I'd keep it and wait for a deal.
smhss, Z06fan and RedhotFLSS like this.

#31 of 44 Perfect Blue 6M w/ roof, spare | Eibach Pro-kit | 19" VMR V718 | Solo Performance Axle-back
post #3 of 25 (permalink) Old 05-17-2017, 03:45 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by smhss View Post
Hi to all. As we all know, there is no 20% off, indeed no incentive on the 2017 SS right now. I have my eye on a manual, and have a written deal to sell it to me for "invoice, less half of holdback". I can add some GM Card earnings and a Farm Bureau $500 discount to that. Would you guys and gals pull the trigger, or wait and hope?

Thanks for reading and offering input.
Found this on Cars.com
New 2017 Chevrolet SS Base
$44,339 MSRP $50,814
Orange Blast Metallic (ext) | Jet Black (int)
6-Speed Manual | RWD
Seller's Notes
$6,475 off MSRP! Priced below KBB Fair Purchase Price! This 2017 Chevrolet SS in Orange Blast Metallic is well equipped with: 6-Speed Manual, Blind Spot Sensor, Bose Premium 9-Speaker Audio System Feature, Heads-Up Display, Power Sunroof w/Express-Open, Ventilated Driver & Front Passenger Seats.<Included 2 Year Complimentary Basic Maintenance / In Business Over 87

Cox Chevrolet
(888) 401-6724 Request Best Price
smhss and 69Mach390 like this.

post #4 of 25 (permalink) Old 05-18-2017, 06:23 AM

if it's the car you want and you can afford it, go for it...if not, the smile you have for getting a nice deal won't stick around if it's not the car you want.

many of us bought our cars without getting the 20% (or better) deals and are still happy with our purchases...that said, no one has the crystal ball to say whether or not tomorrow, the better price won't come across but if the car you want is gone and you have to settle for something else, you might not be happy with that.

I think that's where the "a bird in the hand..." saying comes from...

good luck with your choice.

Bill
KenzSS, JayJ, utotmo and 3 others like this.

2015 Heron White, A6, Sunroof and Full Sized Spare - 168 of 277/1874 of 3168 built for 2015 * 01/29/15

Previous - 2001 LS1 Corvette * 2006 LS2 GTO
post #5 of 25 (permalink) Old 05-18-2017, 06:29 AM

Garage
Bait-N-Switch

Quote:
Originally Posted by lionfish View Post
Found this on Cars.com
New 2017 Chevrolet SS Base
$44,339 MSRP $50,814
Orange Blast Metallic (ext) | Jet Black (int)
6-Speed Manual | RWD
Seller's Notes
$6,475 off MSRP! Priced below KBB Fair Purchase Price! This 2017 Chevrolet SS in Orange Blast Metallic is well equipped with: 6-Speed Manual, Blind Spot Sensor, Bose Premium 9-Speaker Audio System Feature, Heads-Up Display, Power Sunroof w/Express-Open, Ventilated Driver & Front Passenger Seats.<Included 2 Year Complimentary Basic Maintenance / In Business Over 87

Cox Chevrolet
(888) 401-6724 Request Best Price

I contacted these clowns on this vehicle... they claim it was listed wrong, when I asked more questions they gave me the run around... I see their price on the their site is now higher...
Z06fan likes this.

1972 Green / Gold Pontiac Grand Prix Hurst SSJ (1 of 1)
1971 Black / Gold Pontiac Grand Prix Hurst SSJ (1 of 52)
1971 Pontiac Grand Prix factory 4 speed (1 of 57)
1995 Chevy S-10 Blazer

Built = March 2, 2015 - #2287 of 3,168 total
Shipping Order = #86238
Ship to Port = 1:27 p.m. 24-MAR-15
Export Preparation - Buyout Check Sheet:
Checked By = X535
Dated = 04.03.15

262 total Red Hot units produced
#15 of the 18 built with a 6MT, sun roof and full size spare
Enjoys Rowing 3 Pedals
post #6 of 25 (permalink) Old 05-18-2017, 06:34 AM

I had the similar experience on cars.com. Called dealer for info, now it's gone from the dealer's site. A bit frustrating, but I guess it's the game you have to play.
post #7 of 25 (permalink) Old 05-18-2017, 09:30 AM

906 new SS on cars.com and Memorial Day coming soon...
Clutchfoot and Chris70 like this.
post #8 of 25 (permalink) Old 05-18-2017, 12:45 PM

Without significant incentives from GM, there is a bottom to the pricing that a dealership will agree to. As the supply is finite, I would suggest finding the car that will make you happy. There is a good supply of cars now. Take one home, you won't regret the drive.

My standing offer to the forum (invoice-$500-applicable incentives) is still valid.
copacetic1, KenzSS, CB750 and 7 others like this.

2015 Chevrolet SS, Heron White, manual/roof/spare/RotoFab CAI/Magnaflow exhaust

(My 40 year automotive life ... Austin, BMW, Chevrolet, Chrysler, Dodge, Ferrari, Ford, Lotus, McLaren, Opel, Porsche, VW, Volvo...)

Visit
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
for 2017 vehicle production & availability information.
post #9 of 25 (permalink) Old 05-18-2017, 02:03 PM

Garage
Send a message via Skype™ to airboss63
I ordered my car in January fully prepared to pay whatever the price was when it arrived, which wasn't due until May or Jun, and then the March Incentive sale happened, and of course I jumped at the chance to save money like most people did, and was also able to change my color to NGM. Although there were some issues with waiting for the delivery of the car that was already supposed to be there, I got a fantastic deal for my efforts and a little more off for my trouble, and I couldn't be happier, but with that said, I stand by my original comment, that I was ready to pay the price, whatever it was, when the car was ready for pick-up, because I wasn't going to miss out on owning one. So like everyone has said, only you can truly answer your question. You can wait and miss out all together, or you can buy now, and get what you want, and if the sale comes back around, although you may feel like kicking yourself for not waiting, the remedy to that is to jump into your ride, turn the key and drive those blues away.....
KenzSS, CB750 and Pinetree like this.

Joe "SKYBOSS" Morales
post #10 of 25 (permalink) Old 05-18-2017, 02:24 PM

I am thinking that if you are trading in that you should do it now. This deal seems like a really good price short of any 20% off sale. Trade in values drop IMMEDIATELY upon start of sale so your trade in value would be higher today. End result should come out pretty close to your net cost after trade with the 20% incentive and you get the car of your choice without having to travel a long ways (which does have costs associated with that as well). Oh, and lastly, there is no guaranty on them including the SS in any potentially upcoming incentive sale. Just my $0.02
airboss63 likes this.

2016 SS SLIHRM A6 SunRoof, No Spare
2014 MKS EcoBoost TT Elite - Traded in
2010 Cadillac STS V8 Perf. - Traded in
1968 Firebird Coupe 400RA2 - NOT FOR SALE
1968 Firebird Convertible 350 - NOT FOR SALE
2004 Excursion Eddie Bauer
2005 F150 Heritage
1987 C20 "Creeper" Van

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy SS Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page