GM Card promotion until 2/28 - Chevy SS Forum
 4Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 32 (permalink) Old 01-07-2017, 08:24 PM Thread Starter

GM Card promotion until 2/28

Just received in the mail, new GM Card promotion where they are adding $1250 to your rewards balance. OK to use on almost all their 2017 and 2016 models including SS, Corvette, ATS-V, and CTS-V

--------------------------------------------------
2014 SIM w/ Roof, No Spare + WeatherTechs
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 32 (permalink) Old 01-10-2017, 03:57 PM

Garage
What really?
Which GM card do you have? I have the Buypowercard from Cap1.
post #3 of 32 (permalink) Old 01-10-2017, 04:40 PM

Would you be able to add that to the $1,500 limit if you have enough on the card?

post #4 of 32 (permalink) Old 01-10-2017, 04:52 PM

I don't believe so but ask the dealer.

They know and can work with you. My dad had $2200 on one and used it for an Impala, but that was a while ago.

I just used mine up on a 17 LaCrosse for my fiancÚs dad.
jimster480 likes this.

Last edited by MIEngineer; 01-10-2017 at 05:12 PM.
post #5 of 32 (permalink) Old 01-10-2017, 08:38 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimster480 View Post
What really?
Which GM card do you have? I have the Buypowercard from Cap1.
Hi Jimster - Sorry, I'm not sure what "type" of card I have. My card simply says "GM Card" in the upper left corner. The card is horizontal with shades of blue with a silver/grey MasterCard logo and Capital One "World" Mastercard in the lower right.). I logged into my account through the gmcard.com website, and when I did, it also made mention of this "bonus" promotion. Have added the USPS mailer I received in case its helpful to you. FWIW, I did buy my SS with such a promotion a couple years ago, and there was no problem redeeming it even when combined with another promo that was running at the time. Good luck
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_3552.JPG (212.3 KB, 45 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_3551.JPG (120.4 KB, 41 views)

post #6 of 32 (permalink) Old 01-10-2017, 10:21 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by SSlushbox View Post
Hi Jimster - Sorry, I'm not sure what "type" of card I have. My card simply says "GM Card" in the upper left corner. The card is horizontal with shades of blue with a silver/grey MasterCard logo and Capital One "World" Mastercard in the lower right.). I logged into my account through the gmcard.com website, and when I did, it also made mention of this "bonus" promotion. Have added the USPS mailer I received in case its helpful to you. FWIW, I did buy my SS with such a promotion a couple years ago, and there was no problem redeeming it even when combined with another promo that was running at the time. Good luck
Yep that is the same one that I have! Nice!
post #7 of 32 (permalink) Old 01-15-2017, 04:48 PM

FYI the redemption limit on the 2016 AND 2017 SS sedan is $1000. The $1500 for the 2017 SS listed in the mailer that went out earlier was incorrect.
post #8 of 32 (permalink) Old 01-15-2017, 07:24 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by VQ35DE View Post
FYI the redemption limit on the 2016 AND 2017 SS sedan is $1000. The $1500 for the 2017 SS listed in the mailer that went out earlier was incorrect.
Ouch

Sent from my HTC 10 on Sprint
post #9 of 32 (permalink) Old 01-15-2017, 07:49 PM Thread Starter

Hey Jimster et all-

FWIW, sometime in 2015, the rules changed over with a branding change - such that the redemption limits were removed IF you have the "right" card...

I don't profess to be an expert on any of this stuff, but when I bought my SS, I was able to use approx $2200 in reward dollars, and also got a $1000 incentive they were running. The finance manager called the GM Card redemptions phone number and got the total balance, confirmed with me I wanted to use it all, and then hung up the phone. No problem.

I don't have access to my past credit card terms and conditions documents, but I found this info online which sounds consistent with what I recall:

BuyPower Card Review: Important 2016 Update

I guess best to call Capital One and just confirm everything if you are a serious shopper.

Too many cards, too many games...too many tax rules and loopholes... just stay vigilant when it comes to your $$$. Just keeps lawyers, marketers and dealers employed.

YMMV
jimster480 likes this.

post #10 of 32 (permalink) Old 01-15-2017, 07:54 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by SSlushbox View Post
Hey Jimster et all-

FWIW, sometime in 2015, the rules changed over with a branding change - such that the redemption limits were removed IF you have the "right" card...

I don't profess to be an expert on any of this stuff, but when I bought my SS, I was able to use approx $2200 in reward dollars, and also got a $1000 incentive they were running. The finance manager called the GM Card redemptions phone number and got the total balance, confirmed with me I wanted to use it all, and then hung up the phone. No problem.

I don't have access to my past credit card terms and conditions documents, but I found this info online which sounds consistent with what I recall:

BuyPower Card Review: Important 2016 Update

I guess best to call Capital One and just confirm everything if you are a serious shopper.

Too many cards, too many games...too many tax rules and loopholes... just stay vigilant when it comes to your $$$. Just keeps lawyers, marketers and dealers employed.

YMMV
My card is the newest one I just got it.

Sent from my HTC 10 on Sprint

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy SS Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page