2017 Ordering - Chevy SS Forum
 645Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 602 (permalink) Old 08-20-2016, 03:32 PM Thread Starter

2017 Ordering

Has anyone not using Myron been able to have a dealer input their order into GM global connect?
My dealer says the window is not open, but I am ready to take my deposit back and go elsewhere if it is true.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 602 (permalink) Old 08-20-2016, 06:30 PM

So if it's not true, that means the dealer is lying or stupid, in which case, you'd let them keep your deposit? At this point, I'd ask for the deposit and go somewhere else regardless.
jonathan.avner likes this.
post #3 of 602 (permalink) Old 08-20-2016, 06:35 PM

Garage
just a thought, remember most dealer (ships) know far less about the SS that you do. You may want to ask him to enter your order as RETAIL SOLD! and tell you what response he gets when he does. Also mention others have, but not sure anyone has gotten a VALID TPW, target production week yet.

If you like the dealership, give it a shot, if not, go where the knowledge and cooperation is. Also, do your negotiating, at least part of it, before you enter the order, vs waiting for the car.

what the hay. Good luck

'16 Mystic, M6, Spare, No SR:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
SOLD
# 3 of 7, and #703 blt on 11/22/15
Purchased on 2/29/16, will age very slowly

post #4 of 602 (permalink) Old 08-22-2016, 03:45 PM

I think that the stop sell order has thrown a lot of folks into total disarray.
Even though the '16's can't be sold until the fix is in place, dealerships can order the '17 SS.

Last time I checked, my store has 15 2017's on order already.

1st order now has Target Production Week of 10/03/2016.
SSCRUISER, z51vett, RJ111 and 10 others like this.

2015 Chevrolet SS, Heron White, manual/roof/spare/RotoFab CAI/Magnaflow exhaust

(My 40 year automotive life ... Austin, BMW, Chevrolet, Chrysler, Dodge, Ferrari, Ford, Lotus, McLaren, Opel, Porsche, VW, Volvo...)

Visit
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
for 2017 vehicle production & availability information.
post #5 of 602 (permalink) Old 08-22-2016, 07:25 PM

I did what Sleeper said. Initially I was told they don't have an allocation for 17 so I'm out of luck, but having dealt with them in the past I asked them to ask the owner what other options are available. The "Retail Sold" order option solved the problem and I was able to put my order in. I don't have an official order number or TPW but I've been garaunteed a car in my spec with a $1000 deposit. Within the next 3 weeks I'll have all the details regarding dates etc.

I was provided a dealer Retail Purchase Order as well as a GM AutoBook printout of my spec'd car. Not sure if any of this helps but that's where I'm at. And I'm happy.
post #6 of 602 (permalink) Old 08-22-2016, 09:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NightfallSS View Post
I did what Sleeper said. Initially I was told they don't have an allocation for 17 so I'm out of luck, but having dealt with them in the past I asked them to ask the owner what other options are available. The "Retail Sold" order option solved the problem and I was able to put my order in. I don't have an official order number or TPW but I've been garaunteed a car in my spec with a $1000 deposit. Within the next 3 weeks I'll have all the details regarding dates etc.

I was provided a dealer Retail Purchase Order as well as a GM AutoBook printout of my spec'd car. Not sure if any of this helps but that's where I'm at. And I'm happy.

Sure it helps, it means your order is in the system and as soon as it's accepted into the ststem and scheduled you ( the dealer) will receive the production paperwork. I've ordered several vehicles throughout my life and it's always worked that way in my case. Just check back with them in a few days if they don't check back with you first and stay on them until they have the information to share with you. Shouldn't be that big of a deal for them really.

2016 SS SLIHRM A6, Sunroof, Spare, Snakey Visor

2007 Granite Blue Metallic Silverado Classic K2500 Duramax Allison CCSB, Lots Of Banks Hardware, Diablosport Predator Software

1999 Hugger Orange Z-28 M6 T Tops, K&N In Stock Box, Skip Shift Eliminator, Flowmaster Muffler

1994 Teal Green Silverado C1500 Ext Cab 6.5 TD 4L80-E, K&N In Stock Box, Flowmaster Crossover And Downpipe, 3" Flowmaster, Dual 2.5" Tailpipes
post #7 of 602 (permalink) Old 08-24-2016, 04:27 PM

Looks like the 2017 ordering process is running the same as the 2016.

My first 7 ordered cars are all scheduled with Target Production Week of 10/03/2016. Event Code 3100 - Available to Sequence.

My next 8 cars are now at Event Code 3000 - Accepted by Production Control.

I have been advised by "one who should know" that the 2017 production may not run as long as the 2016 run. Don't know for sure about the order window end date but I am going to replace my Heron White 2015 with something with more color.
KenzSS, 1badss, Pinetree and 4 others like this.

2015 Chevrolet SS, Heron White, manual/roof/spare/RotoFab CAI/Magnaflow exhaust

(My 40 year automotive life ... Austin, BMW, Chevrolet, Chrysler, Dodge, Ferrari, Ford, Lotus, McLaren, Opel, Porsche, VW, Volvo...)

Visit
for 2017 vehicle production & availability information.
post #8 of 602 (permalink) Old 08-24-2016, 05:27 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by MyronM View Post
Looks like the 2017 ordering process is running the same as the 2016.

My first 7 ordered cars are all scheduled with Target Production Week of 10/03/2016. Event Code 3100 - Available to Sequence.

My next 8 cars are now at Event Code 3000 - Accepted by Production Control.

I have been advised by "one who should know" that the 2017 production may not run as long as the 2016 run. Don't know for sure about the order window end date but I am going to replace my Heron White 2015 with something with more color.
When was the end order date for the 2016s? I don't want to miss the window, but my financial situation changes greatly (in a good way) next july. So I want to start paying for my ordered car as close to that time as possible (i.e. not order it too early)

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk
post #9 of 602 (permalink) Old 08-24-2016, 05:48 PM
Super Moderator

Garage
2016 order window closed in Feb. Wouldn't count on it being open that long for 2017 orders. Usually only get a week or two notice and that was when we had a good source. Maybe Myron will be able to give early warning.
SS ordered in late November probably won't make it to dealer before March or April if every thing clicks. Later if there are any hitches. Good luck!
KenzSS and floridaboy18 like this.

Martin
2014 SS, Heron White, A6, no mods, #3334 of MY2014
and 41 of 41 as built of the 534 HW. Born on Feb 6, 2014.
2016 Silverado 1500 LTZ CC Summit White.
2014 Production stats:

2015 Production stats:

2016 Production Stats:

post #10 of 602 (permalink) Old 08-24-2016, 09:36 PM Thread Starter

Thumbs down

Order has been placed by dealer but no update on TPW

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy SS Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page